1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best PPC Search Engine?

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by misohoni, Jun 10, 2004.

I used Overture before and my site is with Ask Jeeves now (UK) and I make a bit of money which is good.

I was wondering if there are any other ppc search engines that you could recommend?

misohoni, Jun 10, 2004 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Don't your Overture ads show on Ask Jeeves and all the others right away lik Yahoo, Freeserve BT Openworld, MSN, Wanadoo etc.?

I'm looking into this at the mo so very interested to hear your findings.

T0PS3O, Jun 10, 2004 IP
  3. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    I think most people feel that Google's AdWords is probably the best PPC service available today. Their cost per click tends to be expensive but I think most people experience the highest conversion rates from AdWord traffic.

compar, Jun 10, 2004 IP
  4. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I can't see how adwords would help me since I'm looking to place a search box on my site and make money from when someone uses it.

As far a I know Overture have stopped the PPC for normal sites, so I went across to to Ask Jeeves. I'm looking at other options though in case Ask Jeeves change their ppc policy also.

5. Help Desk

Help Desk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is some confusion here. Are you looking to advertise or are you looking to make make money by allowing others to advertise on your site?

Help Desk, Jun 10, 2004 IP
  6. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Well in that case -- and it sure wasn't clear from your original post -- I think AdSense is your best bet.

compar, Jun 10, 2004 IP
  7. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Blimey you guys are adwords/adsense crazy, haha.

As I mentioned, I have a search facility (a search box) which when someone clicks on the link - I make 1c/1p a click. Overture used to be the best bet, but since they've stopped ppc I've had to use Ask Jeeves ppc - but do I have other options (within the realm of search boxes).