1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best post length

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Aldarion, Dec 27, 2020.

OK, so I have been blogging for year-and-a-half now. My goal for blog is about three posts a month - in large part because my posts tend to be on a longer side, so that is the most I can manage (and sometimes it gets down to two posts a month). So question I want to ask is, what is optimum length?

To provide context: my blog is about military fantasy and history, though I also do write something about general fantasy as well. This means that articles are primarily analytical, though I am thinking of expanding into movie and video game reviews somewhere down the line, and book reviews after that. Thing is, I write in a rather detailed manner, which leads to long posts - and I worry that they are too long, from both posting-frequency and readability viewpoints. I have searched for an answer on the web, generally, but I'd like an opinion on what would be best blog length specifically based on my topics of writing?

Aldarion, Dec 27, 2020 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Your objectives matter.

Some people write for the search engines, to get traffic, and to have visitors then click on links.

It sounds like you, however, actually have something to offer your visitors and are creating a blog with your readers in mind - fab!!!

Long articles may be losing readers part way through and that may/may not be a problem depending on why they leave.
    Some readers don't want a long read
    Some may be bored
    But those who get through the lot may be just as avidly interested in your article as you were in writing it.

Take some time to look at how quality sites format long articles - whitespace, subheadings & images come to mind but there may be other tricks.

Some articles may lend themselves to be broken into parts - Movie X from Perspective A, Movie X from Perspective B

sarahk, Dec 27, 2020 IP