1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Payment Gateway

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by varun8211, Oct 23, 2006.

Lots of stuff are there on the net for the credit card payment gateways.. but still not sure which is the best and most economical ?
    1. Paypal
    2. Authorize
    3. 2checkout
    4. ccnow
    5. ibill etc etc.

Have tried to search a lot, but havent been able to conclude which one should we go for. I started with analysing my requirements first.
    I am software company and I develop customized softwares for various clients in US, UK, Aus etc..

How I am doing right now ?
    I am using paypal to accept payments. That means, my client has to have paypal account to send my payments that means, I do not get full money.
    Bank transfers are also not flexible for my clients.
    They prefer something that can be done online.

What do I want?
    I want to allow my clients to pay me by their credit cards directly on my company website. That will be very flexible for my clients as well and (I suppose) saves lots of money (transaction fees) for me too.

I think, answers to this question will be very useful for many of us..

So please put in some useful solutions here.

Thanks for your time.

varun8211, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  2. iBold

iBold Peon

Best Answers:
    Best is all relative to your situation:
    How much money do you have to start off with?
    How much money in sales do you do?
    How are most of your clients able to pay you (age, geographic location, etc.)?

Once you know these things, you can select an appropriate payment gateway.
    Personally I would go with PayPal if you have no startup money, or Authorize.net if you can afford it and expect a decent amount of sales.

iBold, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  3. varun8211

varun8211 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, i already have a paypal a/c.. the problem that I face currently is that, I have no way to ask my client to pay thru CC.. in authorize.net, i gues. there is some monthly fees involved ?

4. saadahmed007

saadahmed007 Admínistratör

Best Answers:
    You should try www.2checkout.com only 49$ one time fee no monthly fees though there transaction etc fees are kinda higher :)
    Saad

saadahmed007, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  5. iBold

iBold Peon

Best Answers:
    And that is why I didn't list them. For any decent sized business, that high transaction fee far outweighs any benefits of the cheap setup. And, while I haven't used it in awhile, from what I remember you have to send your visitor to their website to complete the checkout. This makes your website look very unprofessional. If I've got to send them somewhere, I'd rather it was PayPal.

iBold, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  6. saadahmed007

Best Answers:
    Yep it redirects to 2checkout site for cc info though paypal can accept credit card aswell :)
    Saad

7. jimkarter

jimkarter Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Is there anything specific we need to setup so that people without paypal account can pay thru CC at paypal.com ?

jimkarter, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  8. iBold

iBold Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope, PayPal handles that for you once they get to the checkout page I believe.

Authorize.net is sold only through resellers, and all of them have different fee's. The better ones will be around $35 per month, plus transaction fee's (a few cents plus a % of every sale, typically less then PayPal charges), as well as free setup (ie no application fee). I'm pretty sure they have a list of resellers on their website that you can checkout.

iBold, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  9. varun8211

varun8211 Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think, any of the above mentioned sites, do not redirect to their own websites for the CC payments ?

10. saadahmed007

Best Answers:
    You will have to upgrade a your paypal account to bussiness account plus create a payment link for them and then send them they will open the link it will give them 2 options either pay via credit card or log in to your account to pay them via paypal mostly in shooping carts etc this feature is already integrated :)
    Saad

11. varun8211

varun8211 Peon

Best Answers:
    So again, they have to go the paypal website.. What I am looking for is to avoid that step.. I dont want my client to go to some third party payment gateway.. i want sth to be integrated on my server and seen only on my website

varun8211, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  12. masshan

masshan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think Paypal and 2CO are the best choice.

masshan, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  13. Richie_Ni

Richie_Ni Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    First Paypal and the second would be 2checkout.com for me.
    I think they could pay with their credit card through paypal.Just make a note and they could see that.

Richie_Ni, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  14. stymiee

stymiee Peon

Best Answers:
    You have missed one very important thing: you don't know the difference between a payment gateway and a third party processor. Authorize.net is a payment gateway. Like all payment gateways you cannot use it to process credit cards without a true merchant account. Paypal, 2checout, and the others you listed are third party processors. You use their merchant account to process sales.

You really need to read this article which explains the difference true merchant accounts with gateways and third party processors and answers all of your questions in great detail: Merchant Account Comparison. I think that should clear a lot of things up for you.

stymiee, Oct 24, 2006 IP
    saadahmed007 likes this.
  15. RyanG

RyanG Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes, i agree.If you want direct merchant account then you should try Authrize.net they are pretty good :)
    Ryan

RyanG, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  16. bccruzer

bccruzer Peon

Best Answers:
    you could try paypal's virtual terminal, and store your clients cc info on your server, and then bill them how much you want whenever

i like checkout.google.com, lowest transaction fess

bccruzer, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  17. saadahmed007

Best Answers:
    Actually i think it is not secure :) since you are saving thier cc info infact i think it is not even legal:rolleyes:

saadahmed007, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  18. Imran

Imran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Choose the one which provides best service, 5% fee is acceptable as long as transaction is not huge.
    In that case verisign is a better option if u have lots of transactions going.
    ~Imran

Imran, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  19. stymiee

stymiee Peon

Best Answers:
    Verisign is not a processor, they are a gateway. You need a merchant account to go with Verisign.

stymiee, Oct 25, 2006 IP
  20. Pjeras

Pjeras Peon

Best Answers:
    I was searching such a kind information in other websites and I founded that 2checout.com is really good offer to use as a cc getaway, most important that there is no monthly fee as in for example authorize.net

Pjeras, Oct 27, 2006 IP