1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best online mmorpg?

Discussion in 'Games' started by daisuke48, Apr 19, 2010.

1. tenev

tenev Active Member

Best Answers:
    Aion Online & Cabal Online :)

tenev, May 5, 2010 IP
  2. jim.chamb

jim.chamb Guest

Best Answers:
    For me, definitely, World of Warcraft...I play it from the beginning, and i can't wait for Cataclysm to come:D

jim.chamb, May 5, 2010 IP
  3. NeoCult

NeoCult Peon

Best Answers:
    I play my own fallenrace and thats it for now :(

NeoCult, May 6, 2010 IP
  4. VideoDiva

VideoDiva Peon

Best Answers:
    Add my vote in for WOW, I'm completely addicted to that game lol.

VideoDiva, May 6, 2010 IP
  5. Stealth777

Stealth777 Peon

Best Answers:
    WoW (World of Warcraft) FTW. Used to play it, quite addictive lol...

Stealth777, May 7, 2010 IP
  6. Ciko Sen

Ciko Sen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    knight online for me :p

Ciko Sen, May 9, 2010 IP
  7. Arikostinaal

Arikostinaal Peon

Best Answers:
    There are lots of free games out there:

Runes of Magic is free and VERY similar to Warcraft - well worth checking out.
    Runescape is also decent (if you like reading endless text quests).

But, really, Warcraft is the most accessible MMO. Even though I preferred Asheron's Call and Lord of the Rings Online!

Arikostinaal, May 10, 2010 IP
  8. SiLvER

SiLvER Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WoW got me addicted bad, does that make it like the best mmorpg or something? :)
    Guild Wars too, don't really know which I like best or which one got me mored addicted. Was a long time ago.

SiLvER, May 10, 2010 IP
  9. Arikostinaal

Arikostinaal Peon

Best Answers:
    This might help. It's my article from PC Zone of this year on the top 10 Free MMOs to play.

Please note that DDO is NOT free to play in Europe!

This was to be an epic quest. Armed with my +6 Keyboard of Enhanced Tolerance, I set about downloading the plethora of MMOs with the ultimate goal: to determine which are the best.

10 - Runescape
    A Java-based game, Runescape should be renamed The Graphics that Time Forgot! Yes, this graphics-lite game is slow and dreary, but what it does have is a great story. Lots and lots of it. So, unless you like battling your way through pages of text, this isn’t the game for you. Attention Deficit Disorder suffers should stay well clear!

9 – Anarchy Online
    The first true sci-fi MMO makes the list. Plagued with server issues and bugs on release, the game has dwindled in popularity over the years, and being free, it’s still a worthy addition to this list with some highly atmospheric locations and a truly innovative random mission generator.

8 - Dragonica
    Dragonica is a sideways scrolling action adventure that’s one part beat-em up and another part MMO. It’s very cute. Actually, scratch that - it's sickeningly cute! In fact, it's a sheep slaying, teddy bear filled, physics defying, happy go lucky cartoon adventure that's so addictive if bottled, it could induce nausea. It's the red-headed stepchild of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles meets Hello Kitty Adventures, and the gameplay is pure Tom and Jerry action all the way. Being of Chinese origin, it's bizarre and utterly baffling, but it's great fun.

7 – Perfect World
    Heralded as “Asia’s best MMO”, Perfect World has haunting music, stunning graphics, and incredible character customisation. But looks aren’t everything. Add the soul-sapping grind (at higher levels) to the mix and this is one game which quickly loses its appeal. The ability to buy powerful items in game with real world currency is cool, but may put some off. Ultimately, it’s just another shallow Asian MMO – one that looks better than the rest. Try it to level 20 and then move on!

6 – Free Realms
    A Warcraft clone aimed at teen players (without managing to ostracise the adult gamer), Free Realms is bright and colourful and surprisingly easy to get into. The class system is based around jobs, which you can change at any time, allowing you to sample all of the game’s content with just one character. In addition, there are lots of mini games and fun things to do, and Free Realm has a surprising amount of polish for a game that’s ‘free’. You can buy powerful in game items with your real world cash, when you want to lord it over the poor. Free Realms has very cheap subscription costs (but cheap still isn’t free!)

5 - Atlantica Online
    A turn-based MMO in which you play not one but a whole party of adventurers on your quest to power and glory through this generic fantasy world. Entering combat transforms the game world into an isometric grid where you manipulate your fighters, wizards and henchmen, to victory in battle (instead of hitting the same function keys in repetitive strain injury inducing monotony). Interesting concept, but ultimately, like all Asian MMOs, no matter how pretty or clever it might be, it always devolves into a grind fest in the end.

4. Dungeon Runners
    Dungeon Runners is a Diablo knockoff (did I say knock-off? I meant loving recreation) turned into a MMO. It’s cute; it’s got a self-deprecating style and it’s perfectly playable. That said, it lacks any of the story, style, or character of the game on which it was based.

Of all the games on this list, the ‘you need to have a subscription to get the most out of the game’ has never been more evident than in Dungeon Runners. You’re only ten minutes in before you get your first ‘rare’ item which you eagerly try to equip ... before discovering that you must be a paid member to enjoy the privileges of such magic.

It has enough character to keep you occupied for a rainy afternoon, but there’s neither style nor sufficient substance here to really give you value for money (or, in this case, lack thereof).

3 – Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Poorly designed, poorly implemented and not at all what the pen and paper enthusiasts wanted, Dungeons & Dragons Online was never more than a random dungeon generator attached to the basic shell of a MMO. Fast forward a couple of years, make the game free, and things change dramatically. Based loosely on 3rd edition Dungeons & Dragons rule set, it’s actually got a lot going for it now with some truly fun quests and many exciting high-level adventures to be had.

2 – Guild Wars
    It’s not really a MMO, but it does have some detailed and highly immersive PVP. Heavily instanced (which destroys any immersion) Guild Wars’ PvP is far superior to the actual questing portions of the game. You can even create a high level character solely for the purposes of getting straight into the hacking and slashing action.

1 – Runes of Magic
    Take a well deserved spot at the top of the charts, RoM is basically a lesser version of World of Warcaft. What it lacks in polish it makes up for the fact that it’s free to play (to a point – you have to spend more of your cash if you really want to get ahead in the world). If you’ve grown bored of Warcraft then there’s enough here to rekindle your enthusiasm. Aside from a few cosmetic differences, it’s practically the same game. The account registration system is a real pain, too.

In Closing
    What you have is arguably the ten best MMOs out there in the virtual world. However, be warned: while a game may seem free to play, there are often hidden costs lurking just under the surface. You really need to be a paying customer to get the best out of these game, whether that’s buying in game currency, paying for a subscription, or simply being able to buy virtual items with real world cash. Every title sets out to compel you to spend your hard earned money on their game. Runescape had a huge bar at the top of the screen saying “Subscribe, for God’s sakes! Our children won’t eat tonight if you don’t pay for membership!”

Clearly, there’s no such thing as genuinely free, if you want to play these games as they was intended, then you’ll simply have to pay for it.

Arikostinaal, May 10, 2010 IP
  10. teckinik

teckinik Peon

Best Answers:
    Nobody can beat world of warcraft.

teckinik, May 10, 2010 IP
  11. bobfredpo

bobfredpo Active Member

Best Answers:
    For free: Runescape
    For money: World of Warcraft

bobfredpo, May 10, 2010 IP
  12. Cash Nebula

Cash Nebula Peon

Best Answers:
    Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO)

Why?
    - It is fairly new so it looks and sounds better than most MMOs.
    - $199 lifetime subscription is awesome value. Regular free weekends to lure back expired subscribers.
    - Great PvE gameplay, with a focus on solo and small group quests (maximum of six players in the original game, twelve in the latest expansion).

Cash Nebula, May 11, 2010 IP
  13. wiscrown

wiscrown Peon

Best Answers:
    The best mmorpg for me has been Everquest 1, it was my first mmorpg as well. It's kept pace in the mmorpg world and is still quite playable with continuing expansions rolling out. They even have PvP server but on main servers you have to consent to PvP each time you're challenged.

wiscrown

wiscrown, May 13, 2010 IP
  14. joescent

joescent Active Member

Best Answers:
    Best mmorpg Games in my opinion.
    World of Warcraft
    Entropia Universe
    Dream Of Mirror Online

joescent, May 15, 2010 IP
  15. Mojachie

Mojachie Peon

Best Answers:
    Even though I don't play it anymore, World Of Warcraft will always be #1.

Mojachie.

Mojachie, May 15, 2010 IP
  16. petr_ind

petr_ind Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I think the Ragnarok is good, (because in my country there is only few MMORPG)
    it's simple interface but funny, the updates also good.

But i have seen the trailer of FF XII and also FF XIV, it's very good MMORPG (also i like FF series)

petr_ind, May 16, 2010 IP
  17. ebuk

ebuk Peon

Best Answers:
    DOTA and wow for me

ebuk, May 16, 2010 IP
  18. WJNemesis

WJNemesis Guest

Best Answers:
    Zombies apocalypse

WJNemesis, May 16, 2010 IP
  19. Mea.Culpa

Mea.Culpa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    World of Warcraft.. Enough said right there. Although I am looking forward to the Start Wars mmo, looks different.

Mea.Culpa, May 16, 2010 IP
  20. wiscrown

wiscrown Peon

Best Answers:
    I too am looking forward Star Wars Knight of the Republic. Lets hope it's done better then Star Wars Galaxies.

wiscrown, May 16, 2010 IP