1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best online catalog options?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Designconscious, Oct 3, 2015.

Hi what's the best way to make a large catalog available for folks to view and if they wish download online?
    In the past we've just made a low res PDF of our print version and put up a link on the site for folks to download direct http, the images where a little rubbish but took the hit on image quality over file size. But now the PDF is over 50mb even with terrible images.
    I know there are better ways to get our print catalog online I just don't know which is best. I can make a digital doc from indesign but not sure how's best to get that on our site and if it's the best option.

Designconscious, Oct 3, 2015 IP
  2. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you can clarify what you want. You have a print catalogue, but you want to set up an online shop which you can also generate a print catalogue from? Or you just want a digital PDF of your print catalogue, but at higher quality and lower file size?

Some online shop/ecommerce scripts/CMS support generating a PDF catalogue (at least through plugins) that can be made available for download/to print and distribution as paper catalogue. For example, Drupal Commerce could do it through Views (and various other modules) or OpenCart has various extension options.

ryan_uk, Oct 4, 2015 IP
  3. Designconscious

Designconscious Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Ryan,
    We've already go t an online store and that works well but I am looking for the best way to turn my print catalogue into a digital edition thats viewable in-browser with an option to download.

Designconscious, Oct 4, 2015 IP
  4. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you have a print catalogue, but with a digital source file (I assume you produce the print catalogue yourself?) - produced with Adobe InDesign?

ryan_uk, Oct 4, 2015 IP