1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Online Business for experts/experienced

Discussion in 'General Business' started by SvenCreations, Dec 21, 2015.

Hey guys,

This might be a long opening post, but I can promise - It will be interesting and most of all, a realistic post. The one you cant come by frequently.

To the matter now.

I have been making a living out of online business for the past 5-6 years. This journey has taken me through the following fields. In order of timeline.

- Paid Blogging (5000-3000 USD/Month)
    - Web designing (2000 - 1000 USD/Month)
    - Web Development (3000 - 1000 USD/Month)
    - SEO & SEM (500 - 100 USD/Month)
    - Mobile App Development (6000 - 3000 USD/Month)

There have been periods of no income. Where survival, learning and more learning has got me through the most toughest of my times.

Right now, I'm in the worst of my times. Going through a huge lull.

No idea of direction.

No motivation.

This is starting to become and look Chronic to me. Its more than 1 year now. I am trying to learn as much as possible and been banging my head against the envato market with little success.

Earned around 300 USD in a month with a coming soon template.

Thats my only earning in a years time.

I personally feel with the skill set I have, I could be doing better. This is where i really want the community help in.

To see what skill I have and suggest a good direction for me.

- XMPP knowledge, can implement a chat service with equal precision and efficency of Whatsapp. For IOS and Android.
    - Can implement and maintain a cloud server for such a service.
    - Can do mediocre design work.
    - Good at HTML and CSS
    - Have lead a team for a silicon valley based company for 1 year and successfully delivered the product. (FROM INDIA)
    ____ Will add more if something important ive missed comes to my mind ____________

Please suggest me, what direction should i take.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
    SvenCreations, Dec 21, 2015 IP
  2. Pamela Turns

Pamela Turns Active Member

Best Answers:
    As per your skills, you should go and pursue a career on web designing. There's a whole lot and great future for you waiting in there.

Good luck! :)

Pamela Turns, Dec 21, 2015 IP
  3. LiveChatAdam

LiveChatAdam Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey,

Are you a dedicated freelancer or looking for something more stable? I presume you live in the US?
    Cheers

LiveChatAdam, Jan 15, 2016 IP
  4. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't understand some people. There is nothing wrong with having a full time job as you work on your projects in your spare time. If you are making $300 a month you clearly are not doing something right. So it's time to take a few steps back in your pride and a few steps forward in intelligence and get a JOB.

I have went through periods of time where I didn't need a full time job and could live off from my web sites and freelance gigs but there has been more times than not where I needed a REAL source of income. Ever since going back to work full time I feel less stress and pressure. I have a steady stream of GOOD income coming in that pays all of the bills and puts a GOOD amount of money in the bank where I can invest, save, or use for capital on my projects. I'm simply NOT at the point where I would feel comfortable leaving my job. Even if I met my current salary I know better than to pack up and leave. Money on the internet is often temporary.

NetStar, Jan 15, 2016 IP
  5. EPol83

EPol83 Active Member

Best Answers:
    First of all get the motivation back. You know this is what it takes!

Second, start building yourself an email list. Skip the money and bring value to your subscriber and the money will become a bi-product. This industry is changing so fast and especially today. Your list is your asset! Take care of your list and they will take care of you. Make it personal.

EPol83, Jan 15, 2016 IP
  6. R. Martin

R. Martin Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd work as a consultant or freelance for other companies. It's something that you can do quite well, given your experience and knowledge, and give you financial stability and tranquility.

R. Martin, Feb 1, 2016 IP