1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best marketing mthods of eCommerce business

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by CarlsonGuo, Nov 24, 2019.

What would be the best marketing methods of eCommerce business from your extensive experience ? Make a ratings if possible. :) And of course to combine the methods is common thing, just try to give them separately.
    1-Google Ads, 2-Forums Ads, 3-mails, 4- Phone call (directly), 5- FB, 6-Twitter, 7-Platforms (Amazon, Shopify, etc), 8- (more from you)

CarlsonGuo, Nov 24, 2019 IP
  2. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You cannot just pick one method and repeat it with every project. Depends on what you are selling, and to whom.

Google ads is a good method, but extremely costly. You will need a good budget to persue this one.
    However, with some understanding of your customer behaviour, you might be able to achieve good results with cheaper means like forum ads, twitter/fb ads etc.

I am not sure if direct mail, random emails, or phone calling works anymore.
    All of these are now considered as junk or spam or disturbance...

Amazon etc is also good.

JEET, Nov 24, 2019 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    @CarlsonGuo you need to create a marketing plan and investigate the whole thing really thoroughly. The price of your product will impact on the advertising, as well as if it's an impulse buy or something that people ponder over. Is the product physical and needs shipping or digital? Do you have lots of products or just a few? What are your direct competitors doing?

sarahk, Nov 24, 2019 IP
    KeithCash and JEET like this.
  4. innateseo

innateseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would focus on your strengths... like if you're great on the phone, than by all means, market on the phone.

Also like @JEET mentioned, focus on the audience and where they would be, and what converts well with them.

Play to your strengths, play to your market.

Now that being said, Facebook marketplace is great (especially for non-digital products), I think it's an incredible platform.

I would avoid using social media to market (unless of course that's where your audience lives and dies).

Amazon is also a classic..

innateseo, Dec 4, 2019 IP
    JEET likes this.
  5. Barb Davids

Barb Davids Member

Best Answers:
    What industry? What are you selling?

Barb Davids, Dec 4, 2019 IP
  6. Beatren

Beatren Peon

Best Answers:
    I remember one guy did his sales by paying people on instagram so they would put his product on their stories.

Beatren, Dec 16, 2019 IP
    JEET likes this.
  7. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @Beatren
    That is a brilliant idea! If affiliate system does not works, then this could be another way.

JEET, Dec 16, 2019 IP
  8. KeithCash

KeithCash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Might suggest to do all. A little bit at a time. Then view your results and push forward on the ones that get you the most traffic.

KeithCash, Dec 17, 2019 IP
  9. oksanan

oksanan Peon

Best Answers:
    I have not so big experience in eCommerce marketing, but I noticed that these channels are the best-performing so far:
    1 Product FB ads
    2 Paid search
    3 Referral campaign
    4 Social media campaigns
    5 Email marketing

The current experiment that we’re running is a new Christmas referral campaign with Talkable https://apps.shopify.com/talkable-lite and we promote it via Facebook using an app for facebook and Instagram ads also https://apps.shopify.com/orangetwig. Our strategy is to determine our best combination of channels and increase performance as much as we can. And one of the insights that I’ve got is that there are lots of really good free apps available in the market. And we often complicate things by reinventing the wheel.
    But the truth is that you can’t choose only one channel and expect great results. I’d say that this is a constant process of trying new methods and analyzing results. I’m sure that you faced this more than once. You might have bought something online just because it was everywhere. You might saw some ad on Facebook and you visits the website but didn’t buy the product. Then you see a referral offer ad with 30% off and free shipping. And you ended up buying that thing.

oksanan, Dec 22, 2019 IP
  10. Martin7677

Martin7677 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There may be many ways to market your e-commerce products. Depending upon those products and target audience you had to opt for the most effective marketing strategies.

You can also be focused on many platforms like - google ads, Social media marketing, Online marketplaces like Amazon, Alibaba, and others.

But the most effective way is when you know your target audience well, without knowing your customers your's all effort and money would be much productive.

you may also hire marketing agencies to do all your bidding

Martin7677, Dec 25, 2019 IP
  11. Anthony Constantinou CWM

Anthony Constantinou CWM Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Depends on the Niche. However, good content, brand promotions on big site, Google Ads, Social Media and Public platform advertising is the best marketing method of ecommerce business