1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best link-building strategy for an online shop in competitive market

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Selfish, Oct 7, 2010.

Hi!

I have an online shop selling adult toys. The market is quite competitive and the site is new.

I'm new to linkbuilding, but understand that we need a strategy first. Otherwise we will simply disperse our energy...

So, what linkbuilding strategy is the best for us?

From what I've found I see the following routine:

1. Write quality content. For example, 1 article / week, and post it in the blog on our own site.
    2. Spin that article into 20 (10,30,40,50?) articles. Each article has at least 2 links: 1 to home page, other - to a deeper page, according to the article's topic.
    3. Post some of them on TOP-20 (10,30,40,50,999?) article directories.
    4. Post the rest of them on our own blogs, covering different topics = keywords for promotion.
    5. Write posts in forums and comments in blogs, promoting those articles.
    6. Submit all the articles in bookmarking sites for faster indexing.

Will the above-mentioned scheme be effective?
    What's the best way to use Facebook, Twitter, reddit, digg, technokrati, delicious and other sites of the kind?
    What else could you advise? (squidoo, forum signatures, blasts, using outsource like $15 for 100 articles etc.)?

I know - lot's of questions.:rolleyes: But please, help clear up the mess in my head to put all those methods and sites on their shelves! :confused:

THANK YOU!

Selfish, Oct 7, 2010 IP
  2. fdamours

fdamours Peon

Best Answers:
    What you do above is very good, you got what you need to do well.

BUT it depends on your competitors, i could take you weeks to beat themm or years, depending how strong they are.

Did you do a proper research before fighting for these keywords?

Your method is alright, Now what you need is to see how much you need to beat your competitors :

You will need to do the fallowing :

how to rank 1st on google

This will show you How to use the appropriate tools to see your competition and what to do accordingly to that.

Good luck, I just hope you didn't go vs impossible keywords.

fdamours, Oct 7, 2010 IP
  3. Selfish

Selfish Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, fdamours,

Thank you for the info!

What would you advise as a primary method(s) for our situation - we have a really high competition?

Selfish, Oct 7, 2010 IP
  4. digitallinks2

digitallinks2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Best strategy for an ONLINE SHOP is INTERNAL LINKING.

Shopping carts usually have hundreds of pages. Write 50 word keyword rich unique descriptions for each product and internal link smoothly.

digitallinks2, Oct 8, 2010 IP
  5. Selfish

Selfish Peon

Best Answers:
    digitallinks2, thanks!

Selfish, Oct 8, 2010 IP
  6. Buax

Buax Peon

Best Answers:
    The strategy you've posted, seems like it'll work nicely. The secret with online shops, is good onpage SEO, you'll have a large amount of pages (100+), you really need to make sure that each page is optimized as much as it can be. You should also spend a lot of time (Or perhaps outsource this task) into finding more long tail keywords releated to your products. Which would allow you to quite easily rank for long tail keywords to product pages, you'd rank easier for them, it would improve your overall ranking in the SERPs, bring in a small amount of traffic to that page.

Although ranking for long tail keywords means that you won't get as many searches per month for that keyword, you'll be getting more traffic, for example say you have 300 products, 300 keywords, average of 10 searches per day, 300*10=You do the math.

Buax, Oct 8, 2010 IP
  7. Selfish

Selfish Peon

Best Answers:
    Buax, Thanks!

Selfish, Oct 8, 2010 IP
  8. seongpinas316

seongpinas316 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've worked for almost 4 different e-commerce websites and for me article marketing, link wheel, and blog commenting are really effective.

seongpinas316, Oct 10, 2010 IP