1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best language for Video recording

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Rene.meuselwitz, Sep 9, 2014.

Hi,

we are going to start a project, in which the user can use a website and is able to record audio and video from his webcam / microphone to the server, where it is processed and played back.

I looked a bit around, but it seems that all solutions to do that are a bit tricky...

What do you think is the best language to do that? I was thinking about Java and .net, but maybe I'm missing something out?

It should be fairly easy to create / design the webpage, use databases, and the mentioned audio / video processing.

Thanks,

Rene

Rene.meuselwitz, Sep 9, 2014 IP
  2. Anveto

Anveto Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You probably want to look at something that runs client side like a jQuery plugin (http://www.jqueryrain.com/2013/10/best-jquery-webcam-plugin-example/). You could also use flash but I find it to be outdated and unsupported.

Once you get recording to work with jQuery you can use PHP or .NET to store it server side. You could also run a java applet but I think javascript would be easier for both the developers and users in this case.

Anveto, Sep 10, 2014 IP
  3. VideoWhisper.com

VideoWhisper.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Web based webcam video recording can be done with web based Flash applications. This publishes webcam to a streaming server that records the stream.
    From our experience, Wowza is the best rtmp server choice for recording video.

VideoWhisper.com, Mar 15, 2015 IP