1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

best keywords

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by wolf1972, Dec 23, 2004.

I have a simple question. Just tried the tools on digital point and got really sad. For 1 or 2 keywords I get the rank 1 or 2, for the rest N/A. The PR dropped from 5 to 4 after adding more keywords to the meta tags.
    So, is it better to have only some really relevant keywords there or as many as possible ?
    Is it better to habe keywords in the meta tag, many people are searching for or very special words ?
    Also the backlink statisics seem to be wrong, with digitalpoint only 22. I know myself of more than 5000 sites which link back to my website. The website I'm talking about is www.bandliste.de, maybe someone has some time to review the keywords there ...

wolf1972, Dec 23, 2004 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Google does not use meta keyword tag.

I always set up a page to target one keyword phrase and its variations only. From what I have read do not attempt to target more than three or four phrases per page but I find it easier to focus on only one. I use it in title, desccription and heading.

Shannon

Smyrl, Dec 23, 2004 IP
  3. wolf1972

wolf1972 Peon

Best Answers:
    Right now I have a few hundred keywords, all relating to newcomer bands, music, concerts and festivals, cause I want the people to find me on all these phrases. If I search on google.de for "bands festivals" or "bands konzerte" it will list me first of all results, but if I type "band festival" or just "band" or "bands" I have to scroll down a lot in the result pages. So, should I put ALL those words somewhere in the body and the description tag too, not only in the keywords tag ?
    Till know I thought, search engines will find substrings also ...
    I also had a look at Your site with a pagerank of 6 (I know thats not very reliable) and tried some keywords listed there with google, but couldnt find some high ranking results. Is there a difference in searching between google.de and google.com ?

wolf1972, Dec 23, 2004 IP