1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Job Board script or software?

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by adigitaldreamer, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Belltoons

Belltoons Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll say again, I'd really like to see you guys include a link to your job boards once they are up and running; or, if you want some beta testing help pre-release.

I'll be happy to do so when mine is ready to go.

Another topic worth talking about is how you actively promote your board once it is up and running. How do you get the companies and the job seekers aware of your existence? Any of you go so far as to do a press release?

Paul

Belltoons, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  2. eamo

eamo Peon

Best Answers:
    Promoting jobs board is tough in a competitive market. It is more like direct marketing where you develop relationships with your clients and provide a service to them.

eamo, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  3. eamo

eamo Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course, it is also important to optimise your site for seo and provide good content.

eamo, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  4. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    I got Jamit for a slight discount. The reports are true. Skinning is disastrous but I've got a nice looking site up. Nasthon.... wow. I'll just say that you're best off hiring someone for a few hundred dollars and get a nice, custom look.

The script itself has a lot of features but isn't really coded as cleanly as it should be. It works and requires the user to clean them up but it is powerful.

smartjobboard - nice guy but no established sites i can see at all. I'm not about to spend over $500 on that and Jamit got me further in the essential areas (e.g. how many people are going to put up video clips? Rate permanent jobs they have taken?) I'd have loved to use this script but it's way, way too much for me.

The others are either eye candy but not as well done as jamit is in covering a full ground of what people are REALLY looking for on a job site or are copy protected and closed source. The choices are pretty meager unfortunately and it is what it is. My site looks rather swift and we'll see where it goes.

slinky, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  5. pochat

pochat Peon

Best Answers:
    I purchased easyjobportal last december and have been setting it up for the last couple of months. The solution is great, the layout is very clean and the admin on the backend is very easy to use, its actually the best one I found.

Unfortunately it has one big glitch and that is its support. There's a Ignatius Wong replying to emails, he is very friendly whenever he replies (if he ever does). However it takes weeks to get an answer from them, and very often the answer is something like "I look into it"... then silence again for weeks!... you will send another email as a reminder and you get something like "didn't I sent you the fix already?", It is very frustrating.

Maybe Ignatius is the only one from support. I wish they could run this company better (at the least to be professional) and care about their clients, because it is a very good solution.

pochat, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  6. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    Ignatius is a nice guy and the script is clean. I think it lacked resume posting or something else I can't remember. I also know it is encoded and that scared me away.

slinky, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  7. jacksan

jacksan Peon

Best Answers:
    Try AJ Classifieds.net!

I suggest you to use www.ajclassifieds.net– Best craigslist Clone. It`s a new classified script which is advanced and latest. It has more features than the most famous classified site like craigslist.org has. Its has many categories like Real Estate, Personals, Autos, Resumes, Jobs, Gigs and Many more. For more details: http://www.ajclassifieds.net/

Hope this will help you.

Good luck!:)

jacksan, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  8. Providence

Providence Peon

Best Answers:
    Providence, Mar 8, 2009 IP
  9. reesema1

reesema1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    reesema1, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  10. Tom5

Tom5 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can go to www.smartjobboard.com - It is SEO friendly, support is provided.

Tom5, May 12, 2009 IP
  11. xajduk

xajduk Peon

Best Answers:
    And it is a CodeIgniter project (php framework, http://codeigniter.com), suitable for further development.

xajduk, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  12. Success

Success Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you guys still recommend Jamit?

How is Jamit vs jobberbase pro?

Success, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  13. sakto

sakto Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can also try a wordpress based classifieds theme/platform. It is called Classipress and you can use it as a plain classifieds site, a car finder and a jobs site. Just check my signature for the link.

sakto, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  14. salex

salex Guest

Best Answers:
    Does anyone know what script is www.indeed.com using? I notice other similar job boards like www.eluta.ca , www.simplyhired.com …

salex, Jun 22, 2009 IP
  15. daringtakers

daringtakers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    daringtakers, Jun 25, 2009 IP
  16. xajduk

xajduk Peon

Best Answers:
    http://www.jobeet.org - looking nice :)

xajduk, Jun 25, 2009 IP
  17. jbroder

jbroder Peon

Best Answers:
    does anyone have any experience with jobboardmount.com?

jbroder, Jun 25, 2009 IP
  18. xajduk

xajduk Peon

Best Answers:
    You tell us, because you build it, personally i think it is too expensive.

Standalone software license

JobMount offers 2 types of standalone job board licenses:
    - Encrypted source version: $4900.
    - Not encrypted source version: inquire for quote.

xajduk, Jun 26, 2009 IP
  19. screenmates

screenmates Member

Best Answers:
    Enhancing the source is fine but what happens when we apply updates/upgrades? Do our customizations (db, scripts, templates, etc) get overwritten? If not, why?

Had you tried its demo, you would not have posted this link here. Because you would have been sick - puking. And, I thought Jamit's interface was ugly - I was wrong. Try jobscript's Admin demo and if you are still alive after that, please post back a review of what you think.

jobsoftpro/PG job site pro is one of those nickel-and-dime companies who would shrink wrap the application to your needs - doing a sweet talk (oh yeah, try chatting with them too). To confirm what I am saying, try checking out their product to the shopping cart and you will enter into a MAZE. You wanna pay in installments - they want $450 upfront, $400 in 30 days, script hosted on their site for a min of $9.99, etc, etc. By now, you would have known that it is expensive.

WARNING:
    Guys, wake up! Most of these posts and links are posted by SEO companies to build ranking for their clients cross-posting links to their products. It's no rocket science. Jamit is THE best for its price and features!!

PHP, MySql

12. I would add an Applicant Tracking System to make employers' lives easy. I can say ATS adds more than 25% value to the software!

I don't know if they have this - an questionnaire module by the employers attachable to jobs for the seeker to answer while applying.

Where did you get this script from? Is it free?

In the Admin demo of webJobs on webScribble.com, I did not see the option to create/edit/delete employers, jobseekers, jobs, resumes, letters, etc. It just does not give access to admins to edit these! There is no way to moderate these items (people or documents) inside admin's interface which is a great drawback of the software.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
    screenmates, Aug 21, 2009 IP