1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Job Board script or software?

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by adigitaldreamer, Aug 4, 2005.

Not sure if this fits here, but...

Anyone know of any good job board software/script for setting something secure up so people can look for jobs, post their resumes, and employers can post jobs, review, and so on? I'd eventually like to have a paid subscription model for employers once things (and if) they pick up.

Anyone know of any good job board scripts or software?

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Brian

adigitaldreamer, Aug 4, 2005 IP
    megri likes this.
  2. kjnetworks

kjnetworks Peon

Best Answers:
  3. chawlavh

chawlavh Guest

Best Answers:
    Check out http://www.ejobsitesoftware.com .

They have completed over 20 job boards and is the most comprehensive jobsite software.

chawlavh, Sep 3, 2005 IP
  4. megri

megri Active Member

Best Answers:
    ejobsitesoftware is too costly as compare to webscribble. Any free Good script in php

megri, Dec 4, 2005 IP
  5. vrsane

vrsane Active Member

Best Answers:
    there are not many scripts are free for job sites.. you can try CMS with jobs compnonet.. like joomla and drupal has them...

vrsane, Jan 2, 2006 IP
  6. dotcommakers

dotcommakers Active Member

Best Answers:
  7. MKInfo

MKInfo DP Guard Dog

Best Answers:
    I once toyed with the idea of a jobs site and tested Diesel Job Site.
    I found it very easy to use and it seems to have everything you are looking for.It's not free but it's very cheap compared to others ($39).

http://www.dieselscripts.com/diesel-job-site.html

Good luck.:)

MKInfo, Jan 2, 2006 IP
  8. vrsane

vrsane Active Member

Best Answers:
    I had bought this one to use on one of my site.... it's not friendly though .. template looks good ..

vrsane, Jan 8, 2006 IP
  9. chawlavh

chawlavh Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Iam a happy customer of ejobsitesoftware for my jobsite - bpojobsite.com
    Our company chose them after evaluating all other scripts/software's which we found were too primitive or stodgy in design.
    ejobsitesoftware provides custom design very advanced software and we are happy with thier support in terms of customization and additional feature additions.

chawlavh, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  10. rohit4all

rohit4all Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Friend,

I reached on the conclusion that there is ""No One " job software that is free of cost.

rohit4all, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  11. find102

find102 Peon

Best Answers:
    My 2c worth
    - ejobsitesoftware.com - too expensive; many pages in their website are blanks; looks like they copied code from oscommerce and customized it. I am not sure about the legality of this
    - looks like webscribble is reasonable and Ok for the price; I am a customer of webscribble

thanks

find102, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  12. swahidinfo

swahidinfo Peon

Best Answers:
    you can check this out
    http://www.quickezine.com/jobbase_sql/

swahidinfo, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  13. mrtbc

mrtbc Peon

Best Answers:
    OK. I'm also looking for a free or very cheap job site script. I was abou 5 minutes away from buying Diesel Job Site when I found this. Is this true?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

http://www.security.nnov.ru/Mdocument718.html

If so, it's outrageous.

mrtbc, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  14. ninoclown

ninoclown Peon

Best Answers:
    wow, i just found diesel today as i am looking for a job board solution. i was pretty impressed with their software, but after the previous post i am not so sure....

so far the best solutions for the money seem to be at least a couple hundred bucks.

ninoclown, Oct 29, 2006 IP
  15. megri

megri Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think webscribble is old one and have good reputation. there products are stable.

megri, Nov 4, 2006 IP
  16. rajmahall

rajmahall Peon

Best Answers:
    I am (probably) capable of coding this type of project myself, though I shudder to think of the time that would probably be consumed! This sort of thing would require a pretty complex data model.

Most scripts I have bought have been a little bit of a disappointment, as they have not really saved me the kind of time I hoped for. Tweaking them out seems to end up going on for hours and days. One program claimed image upload capabilities but it did not work for me, and a look at their support forum showed a number of others with the same problem.

I have been most satisfied with the BosMarket directory program. The purchase confirmation took only about one hour before I could download it and start setting it up. Tweaking took a few hours, but only hours, not days. Regarding the licensing and the posting regarding Diesel Jobs, this script sends the developer your URL (which you give them when you purchase), and your license key, which they already know anyway. I reviewed the code pretty thoroughly to confirm this. I bought it yesterday afternoon, and it is already functional at a site I started on last week at
    http://www.thebathtubrefinishingsite.com/refinishers/
    I'm happy with the package and the company. I only wish that BosDev had a job site application backed with the same engineering standards, licensing terms, and apearance customization!

I found an open source project at source forge searching for PHP Jobs or PHP Job Site. There was only one that I found, and there has not been a lot of development on it for a couple years. I'm thinking now that I may work with it as a basis, then tweak it out, maybe using an additional advertising script (SoftBiz Admanager Plus(?)reviews? Comments?).

Anyway, the only solid review here seems to be about the $2500.00 script. Anyone had enough experience with a lower cost solution to provide a solid review? Has anyone found anything easily extensible? All comments and reviews are appreciated. I'm signing this contract tonite!

rajmahall, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  17. jmottle

jmottle Peon

Best Answers:
    I see some of you talking about ejobsitesoftware.com (aka Aynsoft) and I wanted to let all of you know to avoid them at all cost.

We recently had them do a job board for us and not only was it 5 months past due, but they have now stopped replying to our emails to get all of the bugs fixed.

I've summarized all of the issues we had with them on a site we started to let as many people know so you do not get burned like we did.

job-board-software[dot]info

jmottle, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  18. Imran

Imran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Imran, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  19. jmottle

jmottle Peon

Best Answers:
    No I have not intensions of promoting any website. I'm just warning people about using aynsoft. The website (although I had to obfuscate becuase of the this forums spam prevention mechanisms), only describes all of the issues we had with aynsoft. For those who don't want to visit, I've posted the issues for convinience here:

We hired aynsoft to program a custom job board for us in 2006. We provided them with a very detailed set of specifications and they quoted a price and timeframe to complete this. They were FIVE months overdue and although we sent them their final payment, as soon as they received payment they stopped fixing the MANY bugs their software contains. Here are just a few reasons you should not hire aynsoft:

REASONS NOT TO HIRE AYNSOFT

1. They do not test their job board software. While they do program, they do not test their jobsite code and even when you tell them about bugs, it often takes them being told 2-5 times before they actually do anything about it, if at all. We spent MANY MANY hours testing their job site software only to find that even the features that come standard with their "off the shelf" offering do not work properly.
    2. They are using open source PHP software and hacking it together with their own very sloppy and uncommented code.
    3. Their English is VERY poor and often they can not understand even the simplest requests.
    4. The list of features they list on their website is NOT indicative of what you actually get. You have to hound them to provide you the features and functionality that they tell you are part of the basic job board software.
    5. Their cart/payment system is VERY poor and offers no functionality whatsoever.
    6. They offer a template design service, but only do the homepage unless you insist the remainder of the site also match.
    7. They try to take as many shortcuts as possible and frequently lie about work that has been completed.
    8. They stopped replying to emails as soon as they received our final payment (which in hindsight we should have never sent)

PLEASE NOTE THIS COMPANY ALSO GOES UNDER THE FOLLOWING ALIASES:

http://www.aynsoft.com
    http://www.erecruitmentsoftware.com/
    http://www.ejobsitesoftware.com
    http://www.aynsoftware.com
    http://www.helpaway.com/

Mailing Address
    Aynsoft
    AD 48 B
    Shalimar Bagh
    Delhi - 110088
    India

jmottle, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  20. jmottle

jmottle Peon

Best Answers:
    To prove I'm serious about this, you can contact me at if you have any questions. You can also visit our website (from the email provided) and go to the about section to see that I am the President/CEO of a company that had nothing to do with job sites. We are a victim of an Indian job board company and I'm making sure everyone knows how these guys operate, so others don't waste their time or money.

Cheers,
    Jeff Mottle
    President/CEO
    CGarchitect Digital Media Corporation

jmottle, Nov 14, 2006 IP