1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best House Keeping for WP

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Brian08, Apr 8, 2020.

Hi All
    I run a small photography website with Wordpress. I have one theme I have perches for it (Tography) and added some plugins for a different job so it runs OK!

Some of the plugins are

ACF content analysis for Yoast SEO,

Akismet anti-spam

Google Analytics for WP By Monsterinsights

Jet Pack

Wordfence security.

Now I like to have the website responsive for all devices and fast to load up is my them the best for this, please?

Do I have too many plugins to do the same job at all, please?

It can get a bit overwhelming with so many different options to use!

I look forward to your thought Thanks

Brian08, Apr 8, 2020 IP
  2. actionspec

actionspec Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey There!

Here are some answers and thoughts :

Some of the plugins are

• ACF content analysis for Yoast SEO,
    • Akismet anti-spam
    • Google Analytics for WP By Monsterinsights
    • Jet Pack
    • Wordfence security.
    (I added formatting to clean things up)

I have seen Wordpress sites that have tons of plugins, and some that have very few. Honestly, this is not the worst list I have seen, these are all fairly straight forward and I see this combo on sites all over the place. The only thing that stands out in your plugin list would be Wordfence. Depending on how fast your server is, this can add some overhead to your traffic depending on the size of your blog and how many hits you get. It's a necessary evil, though, since Wordpress sites are often easy targets for hackers.

The best way to test responsiveness is to use a mobile device like an end user and check things out for yourself. If you can't get your hands on a smartphone or a tablet, there are some emulators that will give you an idea of how well your site will respond depending on devices. Browserstack comes to mind (https://www.browserstack.com/)

actionspec, May 11, 2020 IP
  3. Glen Wheeler

Glen Wheeler Peon

Best Answers:
    In my honest opinion the best house keeping rules are the following. From a responsive POV this should come from the theme already if its using something like a builder. Elementor, WP Bakery...

• Keep all core Wordpress Updates right up to date
    • Run iTheme Security and make sure you run through all security practices including locking down of the default WP Admin URL
    • Keep plugins to a minimum where you can build yourself
    • Be careful when installing plugins - Make sure they are updated on a regular basis, support is good and that plenty of people are using it
    • Always try to run regular Performance Audits with Light House
    • Change Passwords on a regular basis
    • Use strong passwords always

Glen Wheeler, May 22, 2020 IP