1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best free way to get traffic.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Make a perfect site, Dec 30, 2010.

1. fdamours

fdamours Peon

Best Answers:
    Colton is right, but I would just like to add a emphasis on your content. Content should take a lot of your time and you should invest in that also.

As i explain :
    When providing content for SEO, you have to make sure that you can write good content that will be able to generate traffic that translates into sales or PPC. You cannot expect your visitors to click on your links and buy what you sell if they got here because of your high ranking in the SERP to then realize that this content, and thus website itself is bad material. They need to have interest in the content, create a desire of exploring some more before they will click anywhere and generate you some income. If the content isn't high enough for their standard they will Bounce off your website within 5 seconds. Creating good content is one of the most important thing that you will ever have to do online.

fdamours, Jan 1, 2011 IP
  2. Slot

Slot Peon

Best Answers:
    What you are doing will eventually lead to some traffic, but it will take time. Video is one of the quicker ways.

Slot, Jan 1, 2011 IP
  3. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First the domain and hosting then everything other ;)

patco, Jan 1, 2011 IP
  4. krashok2010

krashok2010 Peon

Best Answers:
    upto me free traffic is always better than paid traffic... you can easily get free traffic from google if you work in content and backlinks...

krashok2010, Jan 1, 2011 IP
  5. contentcreat0r

contentcreat0r Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe you can purchase a domain and have it attached through blogger so you don't have to use the "blogspot" generic domain name. Also, forum posting (using your domain name in you signature) can help increase targeted, interested traffic...

contentcreat0r, Jan 1, 2011 IP
  6. Ceeswag

Ceeswag Peon

Best Answers:
    Article marketing is probably the best way to go about it.

Ceeswag, Jan 1, 2011 IP
  7. marsh_candy

marsh_candy Active Member

Best Answers:
    there are a lot of ways.. PPC, Social networks, free traffic.. Some which is effective is article marketing..

marsh_candy, Jan 1, 2011 IP
  8. anonymou52

anonymou52 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya, I used it and it's pretty decent.

anonymou52, Jan 1, 2011 IP
  9. boulderseo

boulderseo Peon

Best Answers:
    You can certainly get great traffic to a blogger blog but isn't it a little risky to put a lot of effort into building traffic an link to a web property you don't actually own? What if blogger decides to shut down all of a sudden? All your efforts and links will be for nothing. Besides, you can do so much with Wordpress without being a programmer...

boulderseo, Jan 1, 2011 IP
  10. ListBuildingForNewbies

ListBuildingForNewbies Peon

Best Answers:
    Cheers Scott! That it after reading your invaluable advice on generating website traffic, I've finally signed up with Hubpages. It's indeed a wonderful site for building your image as a professional. I definitely endorse your recommendation to use Hubpages for driving traffic to one's blog. Thanks for spurring me on to join Hubpages.

ListBuildingForNewbies, Jan 2, 2011 IP
  11. wrlawrence

wrlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    Great Post! I did see any research on your maine theme keywords supply and demand to see if there is even an interest and what type of competiton your main theme is facing.

wrlawrence, Jan 2, 2011 IP
  12. William Veasley

William Veasley Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey,

This is great work here!

You pretty much sumed it all up, though I would have to say guest posting is a excellent way to get free and natural traffic. If you guest post on the right sites it will be the kind of traffic that makes you money. It's all about writing for the right communities. See, you want to pick a community that's related to yours. You don't want to have a blog about food and be writing for a blog about underwear. Your writing will make no impact. You will be writing just to be writing.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks again!

God bless,
    William Veasley

William Veasley, Jan 3, 2011 IP
  13. pradiprg

pradiprg Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can get good support and viewers even for blogspot blog - if it is updated regularly, properly made known to people through various forums, developing number of good quality backlinks. It can work well.

pradiprg, Jan 3, 2011 IP
  14. xacti

xacti Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah atleast get some *.something domain
    and point it to blogspot ...
    and hey.. i think you choose a highly competitive topic xp

xacti, Jan 3, 2011 IP
  15. William Veasley

William Veasley Peon

Best Answers:

Hey,

I just thought I would add that it's not a good route to go keeping the blogspot on the end of your domain. It makes your blog look less professional. Now a days professionalism is everything in the blogosphere. You will never see a A-List blogger without their one domain name.

In these times we live it far to cheap to pay for your own site. That should be the least of your problems, and if you can't afford that maybe you should look at your priorities first.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks again!

God bless,
    William Veasley

William Veasley, Jan 3, 2011 IP
  16. chotech

chotech Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've agree with william. If you can't spend some money on buying your own domain and hosting then there is no reason for blogging because you will going to be just another blogger who spend a lot time in promoting and then end up with no results. I have seen there so many bloggers w0 ended up with no results.

Another thing you're blogging about marketing and seo. If you can't able to market your own site then what you will teach others. There is no reason of blogging just to make money.

If you really want to start blog then start with a niche that you're passionate about and write high quality content.
    Here are some tips to promote a blog
    -blog commenting
    -guest posting
    -article marketing (for building backlinks)
    -forum posting
    -social bookmarking sites (blokube,digg)
    -seo
    -social media sites (twitter, facebook )

I hope it helps you ;) !!

chotech, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  17. sportiveyesilkoy.com

sportiveyesilkoy.com Peon

Best Answers:
    i agree thanks for sharing

sportiveyesilkoy.com, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  18. Global merchant

Global merchant Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to create a blog and have a hosting site, use Wordpress it super fast and easy will take you under an hour the setup time is under 5 min and than you can post to it right away.

It took me about an hour to set one up today for my company that includes 2 posts and editing the header and setting up the all the pages of my website to have the link for the blog on the bottom of every page of our website.

The have great plug-ins currently working with one that will link facebook to your Wordpress account so they can post links to the blog on face book when they make posts as well.

Wordpress.org to get the files to set it up on our own server or they have hosting that you can get I am currently running it on my own server.

Global merchant, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  19. sitecracker

sitecracker Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great domain name, original articles, social networking and patience....

sitecracker, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  20. rajalawak

rajalawak Active Member

Best Answers:
    i agree with patience because internet marketing is not quick rich scheme so be patience is the way of success and it also need credibility which may take time

rajalawak, Jan 5, 2011 IP