1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best free & complete HTML5/CSS3 UI kits

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Blank ™, Jul 30, 2017.

I've recently looked into quite some free HTML5/CSS3 UI kits (for example, Material, Flat and so on), but most of them are either lacking documentation and/or the style is .. well .. so to say rubbish.

Is there anything you could recommend and have worked with recently?

I'm looking for a complete solution (not PSD files or anything else that you can find all around the net) - included necessary files, added necessary classes and go!

Anything? :)

Blank ™, Jul 30, 2017 IP
  2. RoseHosting

RoseHosting Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can check Bulma. It is an open source CSS framework based on Flexbox - http://bulma.io/

RoseHosting, Aug 1, 2017 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Just found bulma, looking for a system that is good for mobile forms specifically. They seem to have thought of everything... I have a small project I'm going to try them with.

sarahk, Aug 12, 2017 IP
  4. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Material design and Flat design are not "UI Kits", nor should they be though of as such, NOR should you even be thinking along those terms!

Content dictates HTML, content + HTML + device limitations dictates layout, THEN you do a paint-over to make it pretty.

You do NOT slop together some garbage off the shelf scripttard-heavy off the shelf solution and magically expect it to fit your CONTENT.

EVEN in application development. Realistically if you can't handle semantic markup (aka using HTML properly), styling it how you want from CSS, and if building a web crapplet hooking that markup or generating extra scripting only DOM elements as needed, no off the shelf framework or "UI Kit" is going to help you.

It's not even something you should be thinking of until you have a command of those things, by which time you won't NEED such nonsense as a "UI Kit" and will see how foolhardy the mere CONCEPT of is!

There's a reason idiocy like jQuery and bootcrap are so mind-numbingly dumbass... off the shelf interface "kits" fall equally into that trap, perhaps more so.

deathshadow, Aug 17, 2017 IP