1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Framework for large store?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by insidious, Jan 7, 2016.

?

Which Framework?

Poll closed Feb 25, 2016.
  1. Shopify

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Magento

25.0%
  3. Shopping Cart Elite

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Woocommerce/Wordpress

75.0%
  5. BigCommerce

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    Hey all, I'm going to be building a E-Commerce store for a client. We're trying to choose a framework, and we figured it would be a good idea if we had user input.

The store is going to have around 750 products, and we need it to load fast, but we do not have our own server and are on shared Dreamhost hosting.

We are trying to decide between Magento, Shopify, Shopping Cart Elite. I would like to use Magento, personally, since that would give me the most customization options. What do you who use Magento think of it? Would it work well on shared hosting?

We considered Wordpress and Woocommerce, but I feel as if that would load extremely slow with 750 products on shared hosting.

What about shopify? Those of you who have used it, what are your thoughts?

If you used both, which do you prefer?

Thanks! Best, insidious

insidious, Jan 7, 2016 IP
  2. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    hello

here is my input from 12 years of online experience

1) I would recommend woo-commerce - I have processed 10,000 + transactions with it

i have also used many others , and woo commerce is the best right now for someone like you -

easy theme, plugins , huge support via wordpress forums

Shopify is for losers and you will not make money

2) Having 750 SKU's is a sure way to LOOSE money , tell that to your client,

Start with no more then 100 SKU's to make money

Hope this helps

God bless

- Joseph

sundaybrew, Jan 16, 2016 IP
  3. epikpoker

epikpoker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey,

I agree with the above post, 750 is a lot of skus to start out with. Wordpress and WooCommerce can handle it for sure though (I have worked on sites with 2k+), a plugin like w3 total cache can help with the stress of your site so even a shared server shouldn't have issues.

epikpoker, Jan 17, 2016 IP
  4. TheThriftyVaper

TheThriftyVaper Member

Best Answers:
    We started with 50 Sku's and currently have around somewhere in the 1k sku's ballpark between my two ecommerce ventures. I use woocommerce on both. Shared hosting is fine, but get something quality. Starting out simple shared hosting will work fine but be sure your host has upgrade options. When we started we bought a really cheap package from StableHost and were pleased with the upgrade options they had when the time came. I've had literally just a few minutes of downtime in non peak hours for whatever reason in the past year which I find fantastic.

Wordpress and Woocommerce have the possibility of becoming bloated, however, if you know how to work caching options and utilize a CDN or two when you get larger you'll have no problems.

TheThriftyVaper, Jan 19, 2016 IP
  5. Oussama Mouktadir

Oussama Mouktadir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'd recommend Woocommerce over Magento and as above members said your should definitely start small and that's the advantage of this business model, Reduced risk, without thousands invested in inventory, the risk involved with starting an online store is dramatically reduced. If things don’t work out, you aren’t stuck with thousands in inventory you have to sell at a loss. :)

Oussama Mouktadir, Jan 19, 2016 IP
  6. shophia

shophia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hy there,
    Here are top Reasons:

• Magento is open Source platform and this is available to download freely.
    • Customer Segmentation
    • In Magento environment there are different user communities in different countries that are quite developed and active
    • Mobile friendly as the apps allows store integration across multiple devices to work efficiently on smartphones
    • An infinite number of additional modules that can be used to customize your portals
    • Easy CMS customization
    • Advanced shipping and supplier management modules
    • Freedom to choose hosting service
    • Fast & run multiple websites with one common backend system
    • Magento is also updated regularly by designers, which means you’ll continually get new features and speedy bug fixes, as well as support from the larger Magento web community.
    • Strong in terms of security and stability, etc.
    Thanks,
    Smita Gajjar
    Elsner Technologies Pvt.Ltd

shophia, Jan 22, 2016 IP
  7. karen9999

karen9999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is a difference between Ecommerce platforms and Content mangement Systems(CMS) like Ecommere platforms are Shopify and Bigcommerce and open-source is CMS like Magento & Wordpress.Ecommerce platform is hosted on a server,CMS-based websites are self-hosted on server,so choosing option will be depend on your specific requirements as well as your level of specialized involvement.

karen9999, Jan 24, 2016 IP
  8. NimbleMerchant

NimbleMerchant Member

Best Answers:
    Agree. I use WooCommerce and have way more than 750 products. Moderate hardware. No performance issues whatsoever.

NimbleMerchant, Jan 25, 2016 IP
  9. IdosellShop

IdosellShop Banned

Best Answers:
    For this you do not need standalone shop- a lo of Saas based services can handle business very well. Are there any special features your customer might need?- except rapid product feed import?

IdosellShop, May 30, 2016 IP