1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Format of Post Title

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by luckypunjab, Jul 16, 2010.

1. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm not arguing against what works for you, just the opposite, I'm glad that it does, I am just looking for some kind of source or reference that discusses this and gives any reasoning why it is supposedly better.

hmansfield, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  2. Deacalion

Deacalion Peon

Best Answers:
    You sure did. Is this the "reputable source" you were asking for? these are the same sort of people that would argue just as much for it. SEO is an art - unless you're the person designing the google algorithm. Everybody has their little preferences and beliefs of what works and what doesn't. Would you argue with someone about their favourite colour and say it's wrong because they like blue and you don't?

My point is... there is no proof that it's better or not. There are no definitive articles like there is on the subject of programming, computer science etc. It's trial and error. And through my trials, I prefer .html. That's all there is to it. Maybe next year I will lean towards pages with no extension.

Deacalion, Jul 16, 2010 IP
    hmansfield likes this.
  3. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    That's all I was asking. Was there anything to support it. I'm not looking for an argument about it. I'm just one of those people that when statements like "This is better" are made I want to see how, and why.

Thanks for your explanation. At least you had the stones to stand in and make your position, while all of the others who said the same thing just sat back and left you out in the wind alone.
    Much appreciated +rep.

hmansfield, Jul 16, 2010 IP
    Deacalion likes this.
  4. Deacalion

Deacalion Peon

Best Answers:
    lol, I thought the same about yourself. Respect. :) (+Rep)

Deacalion, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  5. digital29

digital29 Peon

Best Answers:
    domain.com/post
    or
    domain.com/category/post

digital29, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  6. Saeed Shahab

Saeed Shahab Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally prefer domaindotcom/%postname%/
    They are good for SEO, domaindotcom/%postname%/%postid% is also preferred for better performance results.

Saeed Shahab, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  7. kooner001

kooner001 Peon

Best Answers:
    why not use this format is bettter and most loved by me %category%/%postnam% and i think its more preety easy to remeber and make more good easy to visit with special category for blog .html will work with plugins in wordpress i think but i am looking blogs with this format hitting the high rankings so worry for the thing we need ___ THE Rank Traffic __

kooner001, Jul 17, 2010 IP