1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Examples of Marketing You Have Seen

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Iteration, Dec 16, 2015.

It would be good to share good examples of effective marketing.
    What do you see as the aim of the particular marketing example?
    Why did it appeal to you?

Dove (skincare products manufacturer) had a great video that appealed to women of all ages and it used women that their target market can identify with and they share the views of the women in the video. It was humourous and truthful at the same time and I'm sure this was a very successful campaign for them.

Watch the YouTube video here -

As far as internet marketing goes which is aimed at people who want to engage in internet marketing Moz is fantastic and its owner Rand Fishkin is very open to engage with people. They keep feeding you great information on a regular basis and will keep you engaged and in the sales funnel for as long as necessary until you decide to purchase their products and services. I have learned a lot from watching their videos, especially their Whiteboard Friday videos but I have not purchased any of their services yet.

Watch their YouTube videos here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs26XZBwrSZLiTEH8wcoVXw

Paddy Power (Irish Bookmaker) has cultivated a mischievous persona and their marketing department is exceptionally good at coming up with one marketing campaign after another which entices news outlets in all their target companies to provide them with free advertising. Their biggest stunt was to fake a picture which led people to believe that they cut down thousands of trees in the Brazilian rainforest to send a message to the English team during the 2014 World Cup. Obviously this outraged a huge number of people who believed they had actually cut down the trees and they made their feelings clear on social media which was picked up by news outlets all over the world - end result - they were the 7th most talked about brand worldwide on social media during the world cup and gained 150,000 new customers!

They described their 'stunt' in detail here:
    http://blog.paddypower.com/2014/06/08/the-truth-about-paddy-powers-stunt-in-the-amazon-rainforest/

Share what got your attention.

Iteration, Dec 16, 2015 IP
  2. dineshseo5

dineshseo5 Member

Best Answers:
    They done only smart work. Ad film concept was awesome.:)

dineshseo5, Dec 17, 2015 IP
  3. Iteration

Iteration Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I was very impressed with the Dove ad. It hit so many points that their target market thinks about that it has to be in my top 5 video ads of all time.

I would really appreciate examples of other marketing activities that impressed you and got good results.

Iteration, Dec 17, 2015 IP
  4. SEMWORLD2015

SEMWORLD2015 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for these useful post. I also like dove ads. These are so much smart job for women. Who wanted to be model they have to follow then. Guys, I watched these videos and achieved a great experience. It proved that. women can do more things.

SEMWORLD2015, Dec 21, 2015 IP
  5. Dario McNut

Dario McNut Member

Best Answers:
    Good job, it is really essential to be truthful and transparent so your audience would get to understand.

Dario McNut, Dec 22, 2015 IP
  6. Iteration

Iteration Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Definitely agree that honesty and transparency are crucial these days. Overly honest is becoming a theme and it will have its moment but I wouln't lose all the bells and whistles completely... it is still an advertisement which aims to elicit an action at the end of the day so excite and delight your customer!

Any suggestions for great marketing examples?

Iteration, Dec 29, 2015 IP