1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best: Exact Match Adwords vs Phrase Match

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Aaron111, Jun 20, 2016.

in this issue statement is their a varied sequence on better than thee other phrase or exact" trying to get the best PPC per click???

Aaron111, Jun 20, 2016 IP
  2. MayurKawale

MayurKawale Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It depands... but if you ask me personally I would suggest Broad Match. As compair to Phrase Match and Exact Match, Broad Match will have low CPC. But yes you have to sure about the Broad Match keywords i.e keywords should be niche to your business and you must include the negative keywords also.

when you use negative keywords and niche keywords, the campaign become parallel to exact Match.

Like one example, if you are targeting your product in CA, then the keywords which contain the city other than CA should be in negative list.

MayurKawale, Jun 22, 2016 IP
    Aaron111 likes this.
  3. Aaron111

Aaron111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ok, broad best

Aaron111, Jun 22, 2016 IP
  4. Fer0

Fer0 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do exactly oposite. Use silosing method and create tight ad groups with few (up to 20) keywords.

Fer0, Jun 23, 2016 IP
    Aaron111 likes this.
  5. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    exactly how would tight ads floww? is their a medium" meaning how to apply this?

Aaron111, Jun 24, 2016 IP
  6. Fer0

Fer0 Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, you use your logic. Best way is to group keywords following your website structure.
    I advertise truck spare parts and there i have keywords as part + truck eg. brakes + scania, brake pad + scania, etc.
    So there are AdGroups for every truck make - Scania, Actros, Volvo, etc.

Fer0, Jun 24, 2016 IP
    Aaron111 likes this.
  7. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For my personal, I think using exact match group is the best way. And beside of that, I will use more phrase match groups, then negative all keywords in exact match. This way will cover all the keywords that user searching.

daica85, Jul 3, 2016 IP
    Aaron111 likes this.
  8. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    thanks for the help here" currently using +home + handyman + Hawaii in broad match .................. and phrase match for others ... extacvt match for negative keyword can work

Aaron111, Sep 28, 2016 IP
  9. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    thas very interesting info here:

Aaron111, Sep 28, 2016 IP
  10. Niraj Bariya

Niraj Bariya Member

Best Answers:
    I always try both keyword types in AdWords. At first i list out all the targeted phrase match keywords and some common negative keywords which might be the reason for extra spend. After 1 to 2 week i analyze all the search terms and later filters exact match keywords from it.

1 out of 10 times i use broad keyword types specially when i create any brand campaign in AdWords.

Niraj Bariya, Nov 17, 2016 IP
  11. minitrail

minitrail Peon

Best Answers:
    Having a campaign set for the exact match then a separate campaign with the broad match modifiers is my preference. Negative the exact match from the BMM. Its a great way to mine for alternative keywords...

minitrail, Dec 12, 2016 IP
  12. Cado Magenge

Cado Magenge Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Phrase Match:
    It includes exact phrase of your keyword, with additional words before or after. The phrase match keyword "bicycle bell" can cause your ad to show if someone searches for "red dog," "buy red dog," and "red dog pictures"

Exact Match Type:

Keyword being red shoes, then your ad will only show if someone searches for the exact same word without any variations. That is only if user has typed red shoes.
    Format: red shoes

but broad match is best.
    Broad Match:
    Someone searches for that phrase, similar phrases, synonyms, stemmings, misspellings, singular or plural forms, related searches, and other relevant variations.
    Example:
    keyword "Red shoes" has variations like "red shoes," "buy red shoes" and "buy red shoes online".

So I prefer that Broad match is best to prefer than phrase match and exact match. As broad match is best option as it covers this both.

Cado Magenge, Mar 27, 2017 IP
  13. iprism

iprism Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My suggestion is broad match modifier keywords very helpful compare to phrase match & exact match. In Adwords campaign one of the most important thing is Negative keywords. If you don't add negative keywords in you adwords campaign wasting your budget on irrelevant traffic, i.e reason negative keywords very important role play in your adwords campaign.

iprism, Oct 16, 2017 IP
  14. aboadamdeme611

aboadamdeme611 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google's budget goes back to many factors including determining the cost per click, the number of clicks you need, and the CPC bid displayed in the advertising area. The best way to keep your budget from deteriorating and spending it properly is to match exactly

aboadamdeme611, Dec 25, 2017 IP
  15. Naziur Rahman

Naziur Rahman Member

Best Answers:
    broad is the best

Naziur Rahman, Jan 1, 2018 IP
  16. syedmuddassar

syedmuddassar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am using phrase match for eCommerce campaigns, Getting upto 20% Conv rate after blocking all the negative key terms.
    Thanks.

syedmuddassar, Jan 1, 2018 IP
  17. martyhoward

martyhoward Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In the past I used to use the broad match and phrase match, then I would look at the search terms and add to my exact match. Today I do it a little differently because many people are talking to Siri and the echo to search. So now, I use more of my phrase and broad matches, but I still check the search terms as much as possible so I can add negative keywords and not waste money.

martyhoward, Jan 8, 2018 IP
  18. uncia

uncia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here is what I would suggest:

1) Start with broad match to collect data. Also could use broad modified (with "+" sign before the word)
    2) After running ads some time analyze search terms.
    3) Chose the most interesting/related search terms for your offer
    4) Create highly granulated ad groups, targeting those search terms. Use exact and phrase matches here

uncia, Jan 13, 2018 IP
  19. OnlineWorkIdeas_com

OnlineWorkIdeas_com Member

Best Answers:
    Exact match in the best. To get more clicks use Broad Match with the '+' symbol ie. ( +keyword1 + keyword2 )
    The standard Broad Match is a complete waste of money. If your broad match keyword is 'money', then someone would click your ad if they are looking for 'how to spend money' or 'how to make money' ....

OnlineWorkIdeas_com, Jan 14, 2018 IP