1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

best domain for business

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Durgesh_Sagar, May 18, 2012.

domain names are cheap and I am reading on go daddy that you can get many endings .com, .net, .co, .us

Durgesh_Sagar, May 18, 2012 IP
  2. log0008

log0008 Active Member

Best Answers:
    .com is best, but also consider .net or even .biz

log0008, May 19, 2012 IP
  3. emokarlis

emokarlis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    .biz seems to be a little worn out, because there have been a lot of scam websites with that name. Take .com or i it`s used take .net

emokarlis, May 19, 2012 IP
  4. twinkle21

twinkle21 Peon

Best Answers:
    how about .info ?

twinkle21, May 20, 2012 IP
  5. sitemasters2010

sitemasters2010 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    .com every time, I wouldn't even consider registering a .net if a squatter is already sitting on the .com my advice is if the .com is unattainable then search for another name.

sitemasters2010, May 22, 2012 IP
  6. karlster

karlster Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Go for a dot com.

Even if you have to pay a premium which you can afford. It will pay off over time - since your company's brand will be far more respectable (by potential customers and search engines alike) than if you had to purchase a dot net, dot org - or a long tail dot com!

karlster, May 28, 2012 IP
  7. neverknow

neverknow Active Member

Best Answers:
    argee! com FTW

neverknow, May 31, 2012 IP
  8. shurikens

shurikens Peon

Best Answers:
    I knew how to get domain names for $1.99 a year...:D

shurikens, May 31, 2012 IP
  9. IMGold

IMGold Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @shurikens --- so are you sharing the information or what?

IMGold, May 31, 2012 IP
  10. ImageAuthors

ImageAuthors Member

Best Answers:
    In almost all cases where the website has a global audience, .com is the best option. For non-profit and outreach, .org is sometimes as good or even preferable.

That doesn't mean there is no value in other extensions like .net. There definitely can be.

Other extensions such as .biz or .info are always less desirable than the aforementioned 3. But there are always good brands out there that do not use .com/.org/.net. For example, Meet.me and Join.me, which sold for $450,000 and mid $XX,XXX (I forget the exact amount).

When a website aims at an audience within a particular country and does not intend to expand internationally, a ccTLD for that country is usually the best option. For Canada, .ca; for india, .in; for Germany, .de; and so forth.

One place where you can compare the overall market value of the various TLDs is IDNX.com, which tracks the sales performance of .com, .org, .de, .co.uk, etc. against stock market indices.

SiteMasters2010 said something above that I only partially agree with -- that you shouldn't "even consider registering a .net if a squatter is already sitting on the .com". I disagree for 2 reasons:

(#1) The word "squatter" is insulting to domain investors like myself. A person can invest in land, trade commodities on Wall Street, buy and sell stock in a business, flip homes for profit, dig in the ground until he can grab gold, and so forth. We don't call such people "squatters". Such people are investors. The term "cybersquatting" should be reserved for people who knowingly register typo or trademark domains in order to parasitically feed off of an established business. And such activities are completely different from what the legitimate domain industry does.

(#2) It's not as clear cut as saying that .com is always what you should buy. For example, let's say you want to register UKProperty{dot}com; but I already own it (which I do). Let's say you get angry that I won't sell my investment for $100. Does that mean you shouldn't think about registering UKProperty.org? Should you jump straight into UKPropertyForSale.com or CheapUKProperty.com even though they're much longer and get virtually no natural search traffic? It's complicated. And, in general, that's all that can be said.

If anybody has any questions about purchasing or evaluating domains, feel free to ask. I'm not THE "expert" by any means. But I do focus on domains full time; and, in a modest way, perhaps I could help you out.

Last edited: May 31, 2012
    ImageAuthors, May 31, 2012 IP
  11. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    .com for global , .asia for target asia, country domain name to target specific or local country .
    but for sure everyone is looking for .com domain before looking for the others domain extension .
    Not only business, it same to everyone which to have domain.

JerrickYeoh, Jun 5, 2012 IP
  12. macdonald79

macdonald79 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I was just posted a thread about this. Evidently dot "co" is all the rage these days.

macdonald79, Jun 7, 2012 IP
  13. cielkong

cielkong Member

Best Answers:
    Biz is best for optimization.

cielkong, Jun 8, 2012 IP