1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Directory Script? eSyndiCat PRO or PhpLD 3.0 ?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Maksa, Jul 10, 2006.

?

Which one is the best Dir Script?

1. eSyndiCat PRO

78 vote(s)
    30.2%
  2. PhpLD 3.0

180 vote(s)
    69.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cristian Mezei

Cristian Mezei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder why was this dude banned ?

Cristian Mezei, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  2. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I was previously a big fan of phpLD. I supported version 2.x and paid for the 3.0 upgrade. I was not happy with any version after version 3.0 - frankly, I felt like a beta tester. Most of the versions since Boby took over have been buggy. The previous development team was great, in my opinion. It has been downhill since Boby took over as the primary developer.

I finally dumped phpLD in favor of eSyndicat Pro. It delivers everything it promises, contains all the features I need now (at version 1.2). And best of all it actually works without crashing, something not true in phpLD versions after 3.0.

As for price, note that the $25 + $10 = $35 for phpLD only gets you upgrades until version 3.9 - after that you pay again. So by the time I gave up on phpLD, I had paid a voluntary $25 plus another $35 for version 3.0 for a total of $60, with more to pay if I wanted upgrades from version 4 on. The $49 I paid for eSyndicat Pro is a lifetime price for ALL future upgrades and includes support, which frankly has been superb when I needed it, which was rarely.

My advice to David Duval and phpLD supporters frankly is to dump Boby. I realize I'll likely get flamed for this but anyone who knows me knows I shoot from the hip and I shoot straight, and that is an honest opinion from a former phpLD fan.

As always, your mileage may vary.

minstrel, Sep 23, 2006 IP
    Cristian Mezei and praveen like this.
  3. parusa619

parusa619 Banned

Best Answers:
    I voted for PhpLD 3.0 because I think it is better :)

parusa619, Oct 2, 2006 IP
  4. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Have you tried both? Otherwise that's sort of a meaningless endorsement, wouldn't you say?

minstrel, Oct 2, 2006 IP
  5. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    minstrel, i have to disagree with you on your opinion towards Boby.

Boby is great. He tends to stay as far ahead with advancements and up to date stuff as possible. Yes, I do understand that that may cause for a few slight problems, but it's what keeps phpLD ahead of the rest.

Have you checked out 3.06 at all? Just wondering where exactly you left off at. I can honestly say that i personally dubbed 3.03 'el diablo', 3.04 improved on 3.03, and 3.05 was the best phpLD to come out to date. 3.06 only added onto 3.05's greatness.

Anywho... I try not to ask Boby much of anything, but if i do, whihc is rare, he'll help provide an answer, or if I ask about something that I am just mediocre at (mod rewrite for ex.) He'll give a quick explanation (it only takes me once ;)) and I'm always able to build on that.

I really appreciate Boby for his great attitude towards everything and his willingness to go the extra mile to stay ahead of the technology in browsers game.

(oh btw, i tried both phpld and esynd. esynd couldn't handle my categories while phpld can. fsbohomerealestate.com has 2.6 million categories. pic here. So I know which would easily scale should there ever be a need to.)
    Rob

an0n, Oct 2, 2006 IP
  6. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    Mhmm ive only tried site-sift :) eSyndicat looks better than PHPLD though.

Seiya, Oct 3, 2006 IP
    smindsrt likes this.
  7. jbladeus

jbladeus Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah, both are great scripts.
    Indexu and WSNLinks also worth a mention here.

jbladeus, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  8. minstrel

Best Answers:
    I left at 3.05. After 5 updates and 5 rollbacks to 3.0, which was the last version that even worked properly for me, I gave up.

Based on my experience and observations, I'd say that's a good strategy.

In my opinion, eSyndicat Pro version 1.2 blew phpLD 3.x out of the water. Now, eSyndicat is about to release Pro version 2.0 - you can see what's coming at http://www.esyndicat.com/forum/about7191.html.

minstrel, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  9. ZeRo_CoOl

ZeRo_CoOl Peon

Best Answers:
    well, maybe it is time for me to switch to eSyndicate

ZeRo_CoOl, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  10. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Had you asked me directly, I would have worked directly on your site until the problems were solved. That's okay though. Esyndicat is a great script and provides good support too, and I'm glad there is competition. That's a good thing. We will be releasing 3.07 in the next couple of weeks as well.

dvduval, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  11. minstrel

Best Answers:
    I don't doubt that, David. I respect you as an individual. I just think you made a bad decision in changing your development team. As for why I didn't contact you directly, it was because I perceived Boby to be the problem and the likelihood of you dropping Boby in favor of somebody better to be close to nil. You had a good product - when he took over, it went downhill.

minstrel, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  12. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    phpld is just so easy to use

Jasonb, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  13. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:

Wow, I have a completely different perception about Boby, but I would be happy to hear your criticism, because I always want to improve.

(and I agree 3.03 had a big problem, but was quickly remedied when we discovered the problems)

dvduval, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  14. minstrel

Best Answers:
    I don't want to prolong this - it's your product and your decision as to what you want to do with and about it.

However, it was not just 3.03 - 3.00 was fine, although it lacked some features I wanted - 3.01, 3.02, 3.03, 3.04, and 3.05 were not fine at all. After that, I can't say because I bought eSyndicat Pro.

minstrel, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  15. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No worries. I'm not worried about anything you would say negatively, so much as what specifically was wrong, but its okay if you don't want to continue this.

dvduval, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  16. Maksa

Maksa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    New eSyndiCat Pro version 2.0 coming up this month end :)

Maksa, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  17. ZeRo_CoOl

ZeRo_CoOl Peon

Best Answers:
    dvduval, man I have to say that you have gained my ultimate respect. you are a very respectfull man. Handled with balls mate, weldone...

Regards,
    Byron

ZeRo_CoOl, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  18. Brilliances

Brilliances Active Member

Best Answers:
    I pick phpLD because I hate filling out my email address just to get the free eSyndicate version.

Also, David's a member of this forum so it's good to support fellow forum members... and when I make some money out of my site, I'll give David a donation ;)

Brilliances, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  19. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:

I am forever in debt to the people that have made phpLD a success.
    People like you!
    We are still continuing make it better. Thanks for your comments. It makes it all worthwhile.

dvduval, Oct 5, 2006 IP
    Cristian Mezei likes this.
  20. arena

arena Banned

Best Answers:
    Esyndicate is for professional and its not easy to edit the templates.But PhpLD is very easy to edit but not very themy like esyndicate.
    I like both of them and i got both scripts.

arena, Oct 6, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.