1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best design for a WordPress website

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Elizabeth Rivers, Feb 1, 2018.

So I’m going to start a small online business where I will sell a variety of household products. I’m also planning to hire this WordPress webdesign London agency to assure that my website will be running perfectly. I just want to get some suggestions on an excellent design to use for this kind of online business. Can you help me out?

Elizabeth Rivers, Feb 1, 2018 IP
  2. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Don't worry about your 'design' until you know what your content will be and how it will be organized. Design is presentation and the world's 'best' design will not sell a single additional unit more than a not unpleasant design. Design's real purposes are to lead your viewers' eyes where you want them to go (and you won't know where that it until you know your contents' organization), and to make it easy for your visitors to find what they want to find.

kk5st, Feb 2, 2018 IP
  3. OnlineWorkIdeas_com

OnlineWorkIdeas_com Member

Best Answers:
    To get a nice looking site just buy a template that is already designed for your business topic. Don't buy cheap templates. Every additional 10$ you spend on a template, you get much more important technical benefits. Make sure its SEO Optimized. Take a look at Themeforest and read reviews, update date and compare characteristics. A WordPress template is easy to install. Start this way and then after 1 year of online business experience you will know better what you want and then spend money on professionals. Promotion by way is more important than design (that's my opinion from my e-commerce experience). Also, why don't you take a look in platforms like Prestashop, Shopify, Magento (they are pure e-commerce platforms with superior characteristics)

OnlineWorkIdeas_com, Feb 2, 2018 IP
  4. Sarah elson

Sarah elson Peon

Best Answers:
    You should first be considerate about the content of your website not on how it looks in the beginning. Once you get finalized with the content then you can move forward to have a cool and responsive web design. I don't promote that only content is everything but when you have the good content as well as the best looking design then it would be like unstoppable.
    You have a lot of design themes options available at WordPress themes....Grab a theme and see whether it's working with the content you have for your website.

Happy to help....:)

Sarah elson, Feb 8, 2018 IP
  5. kellyrose

kellyrose Active Member

Best Answers:
    My sufsuggest is not to do it on your own if you are looking for really a good website and if you are a busy person in increasing business. It's always better way to take the help of a professional web design company because that is their bread and butter so they keep on Learning new things.

kellyrose, Feb 12, 2018 IP
  6. Norbertj

Norbertj Member

Best Answers:
    One easy option is to find yourself a nice WordPress template for online shops and business. You can use an eCommerce platform like WooCommerce which is flexible, easy to use and packs some great features.

Here are some WordPress theme suggestions:

20 of the Best WooCommerce Themes - https://wpreviewspro.com/best-woocommerce-themes/

Premium WordPress themes for Business - https://wpreviewspro.com/wordpress-themes-for-business-websites/

Norbertj, Feb 15, 2018 IP