1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Design/ CMS for differing opinions website?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by waskmedia, Dec 11, 2011.

Hey guys, I have a website I want to put together that shows both opinions on either side of a hotly debated subject. The site would in theory turn into debating between the sides in the comments.

I want to put opinion A on the left and opinion B on the right.

I would prefer to do this in wordpress, but it would require having two main columns that each would handle blog posts and I would like to have side bar widgets on each side relating to that sides opinion. Joomla or whatever would be fine too.

Here is a VERY simple sketch so it makes sense, as my description may not have.

Screen shot 2011-12-11 at 11.51.37 PM.png

If something like this is already out there, I may have just missed it. I wasn't sure how to search for this idea.

Thanks.

WM

waskmedia, Dec 11, 2011 IP
  2. Toycel

Toycel Peon

Best Answers:
    This could be done in Joomla as that already has the Polls widget in the setup. The comments (for and against the argument) on each side of the page then I don't know how you would separate them.

Toycel, Dec 12, 2011 IP
  3. mondala

mondala Active Member

Best Answers:
    Possibly use fb comments or disqus manually on each column content section? You could use the manual embed code for those systems and implement to pretty much any CMS or static page. It depends a lot on what the finer details of the interaction of the arguments you want.. in most cases you won't be able to inline quote from one to the other unless you are using custom code of some sort whether it be wordpress or any other system.

mondala, Dec 13, 2011 IP
  4. simplisticdesigns

simplisticdesigns Peon

Best Answers:
    Joomla! would be an excellent way to build your site as mentioned by Toycel. To do as you wish with the posts, I'd recommend you either locate a columned template OR you simply create a column/basic table in your Joomla! article. This would allow you to format the posts simply.

If you have any further questions, get in touch.

Thanks,

Ally

simplisticdesigns, Dec 13, 2011 IP