1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Cross-Posting Practices, please?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Sophia ES, Jul 19, 2016.

For various reasons (too long and irrelevant a story to discuss here) I need to maintain multiple blogs rather than just one.

However - sometimes, a post of mine is simply relevant to more than one of those blogs.

I can think of a number of different ways to handle such situations --- but I would like to know if anyone has any insight into what best-practices are for such situations.

Thanks,
    Sophia

Sophia ES, Jul 19, 2016 IP
  2. Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I usually post it on the most relevant blog and then curate it on the others. Or just post the first few sentences and have a continue reading link pointing to the full article.

Rob Whisonant, Jul 19, 2016 IP
  3. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    The best would probably be to write a separate, short blurb about the post, and just link to it from the other blogs. If you have a network of blogs, which might cater to a bit of a different audience from another, then you will not be double-/multi-posting, you will not get problems with duplicate content...

And I realised that @Rob Whisonant pretty much said what I said already :)

PoPSiCLe, Jul 19, 2016 IP
  4. Sophia ES

Sophia ES Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. :)

I suppose I'll just (in those cases) have to make a decision which of the blogs gets the full post -- and which ones have to contend with just getting brief blurbs that "forward".

Sophia ES, Jul 19, 2016 IP