1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

best country for hosting a website?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by falcondriver, Mar 2, 2006.

hi there,

what is the best country to host a site? i have one currently hosted in .de, because i lived there when i started with this site.
    the bad thing in .de is that webmasters who host a site or even a forum are responsible for each posting, even if they dont know about. some companys already forced webmasters to delete threads where people complained about this company, or just sued people for having the contact email not at the right place or "incorrect" (like webmaster_nospam_@...); so i just dont want this happen to me. yeah of course, they see me living in a shared accomodation, my '89 ford and think "hey, this guy must be fcuking rich - lets sue him for 20 grand!", but i just dont wanna give money to this kind of people.

so whats the place to host a site? canada has a worldwide rep. of being nice, how about this, or what are my other options?

content of this site is legal to all ages in all countrys as far as i know; no p0rn or gambling site or any other "bad" content. i dont even sell anything at this site.

falcondriver, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  2. fablex

fablex Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    well, it also depends where your target audience is. If you have a German website, you can best let it be hosted in Europe i think (website loads faster that way). As far as i know, Holland hasnt got any rules of that kind, so you could host it there. If its in English, probably most visitors are from North-America, and you can host it there.

fablex, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  3. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I would host in the country that your primary target audience is from. This can help in ranking, and it makes sense as far as the technology goes. Why make servers talk around the world when they could be a few hundred miles away instead.

jestep, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  4. onedollar

onedollar SEO Consultant for Hire

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It is best to host your sites where your target audience lives. This can give you boost in search engines and as search engines move more towards local search, its importance is only bound to grow.

onedollar, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  5. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Nigeria...
    Naah, most of the datacenters are in US so most probably you will be hosting there. I don't think so that having .de domain means you need to host it in germany(or is it ?) :)
    ya in the world which is in dimension 171,172 and 173..go for Nigeria..

poseidon, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  6. ScottBannon

ScottBannon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I agree that for the best performance you should host in the region that your target audience lives. However, whomever you go with to host your site, make sure they'll actually be using servers located in the same country that they're in and you're expecting.

For example, mine is an American company but we have servers in 7 Data Centers on 2 continents. We've done this to better serve some international clients, but I know because of costs some European hosts seem to be using American Data Centers, so you may pick a host located in Germany for example that's actually leasing/collocating servers in California, USA.

Just be sure to ask your perspective host where (what country) their servers are physically located before signing up.

HTH,
    Scott

ScottBannon, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  7. Sims2

Sims2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I prefer and i'll reccomend the US.

Sims2, Mar 3, 2006 IP