1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best countries to advertise

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by dolin88, Nov 6, 2008.

1. digitalguitar

digitalguitar Active Member

Best Answers:
    America, Canada, England, Germany, France....

digitalguitar, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  2. citrusweb

citrusweb Peon

Best Answers:
    US and UK are the best. India is coming up every year, currently the media spend by companies focuses on TV in India. Around 4% of total marketing expenditure is on internet. In UK the ad spend on internet has surpassed that on TV in 2008!

- Citrusweb

citrusweb, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  3. bigmac_lfc

bigmac_lfc Peon

Best Answers:
    For English speaking countries I would work on the UK and USA, maybe Australia and Canada but my main focus would be the first two.

bigmac_lfc, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  4. wizdomheard

wizdomheard Peon

Best Answers:
    I always tend to advertise in the United States and the United Kingdom. These are the best countries to advertise in. In my opinion. I guess it depend on where you are located and what type of prospect you are targetting.

wizdomheard, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  5. spomoni

spomoni Member

Best Answers:
    What is your product? How can people pay? Maybe Germany, Austria - bids is not so high, as USA, but people payfull.

spomoni, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  6. citrusweb

citrusweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes the product category should be the most important variable in helping you decide which location. Even if it is not a physical product, the information / content will govern the end reader and thus the location. I think for generally applicable topics US and UK are by far the best.

- Citrusweb

citrusweb, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  7. trishan

trishan Peon

Best Answers:
    I make sure that for all my clients who are targetting overseas users that they have a landing page for each country with country specific copy (colour in Aus/UK vs color in US) as well as buy now buttons in local currency. Paypal users will find this easy.

I have found from experience that I am able to achieve a far superior CTR and conversion rate in Australia. Maybe because I am Aussie and think like an Aussie?

Only downside is that you won't get as much traffic from Aus compared to UK and US. While conversion rate is usually high is Aus the number of sales in US/UK usually is more than in Aus, which is fine so long as you have ive ROI.

trishan, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  8. SEOClark

SEOClark Peon

Best Answers:
    try India i saw lots of indians using net these days a lot asking me about link exchange each day

SEOClark, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  9. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Think UK general population is 3 times that of Australia so possibly a contributing factor.

pipes, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  10. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Are they shopping Indians though or mostly SEO? i bet theres not many Indians shopping online.

pipes, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  11. thetaxmaster

thetaxmaster Peon

Best Answers:
    obviously english speaking countries are the best, generally in order of population. then from there hit up the big ones china and india then follow up with the western european players. that formula is pretty traditional but it has obviously been working for everyone until now!

thetaxmaster, Nov 14, 2008 IP