1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Content Management System??

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by charlietree, May 4, 2008.

Alright so I need some help choosing the best content management script...

Basically these are the ones I have to choose from...I am will to hear about others if they are easy to use and install...

ContentManagement
    Drupal
    Geeklog
    Joomla1.5
    Joomla
    MamboOpenSource
    PHP-Nuke
    phpWCMS
    phpWebSite
    Post-Nuke
    Siteframe
    TYPO3
    Xoops

If you guys want to know what I am thinking...I am thinking about changing tiyoo.com into an actual website that will have my blogs advertised on it...all updates from my blogs will be on the site...it will also have its own unique content...I dont know if that helps at all I am still pretty new at this whole game...so any help that I can get would be amazingly appreciated.

Thanks

charlietree, May 4, 2008 IP
  2. chtdatweb

chtdatweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well i love joomla and the native 1.0.X version (not 1.5) have a look at my site chatlife.co.uk that was done in joomla to see the sort of results you can acheive :D

chtdatweb, May 4, 2008 IP
  3. charlietree

charlietree Active Member

Best Answers:
    But what are the easiest to edit??? Thats what I guess I really need...I have use php nuke before...but didnt really like it...was not very easily editable and it kept getting hacked

charlietree, May 4, 2008 IP
  4. chtdatweb

Best Answers:
    Joomla is really really easy to edit. And there are some great SEO components for it as well. I think you should give that one a try, but i prefer 1.0.X and not 1.5 :D

chtdatweb, May 4, 2008 IP
  5. NuLLByTe

NuLLByTe Active Member

Best Answers:
    My vote goes to DragonFly CMS :) Fast, secure and flexible ;)

NuLLByTe, May 4, 2008 IP
  6. charlietree

Best Answers:
    Where can I find this dragonfly CMS and do you have an example of a site?

charlietree, May 5, 2008 IP
  7. Drv

Drv Active Member

Best Answers:
    On Google? :( or here http://dragonflycms.org/ :D

Drv, May 5, 2008 IP
  8. Article Writing

Article Writing Banned

Best Answers:
    I love joomla and drupal

Article Writing, May 5, 2008 IP
  9. charlietree

Best Answers:
    LOL im sorry..just really busy right now trying to figure this out...lazy too probably...

I am going to end up using drupal I think because its available in my CPanel...but is it easy to edit?

10. tropoli

tropoli Peon

Best Answers:
    I love wordpress

tropoli, May 5, 2008 IP
  11. charlietree

Best Answers:
    Ya Well I woont hate on wordpress because I have 7 sites that use Wordpress...its most definately the easiest to use out of all the CMS's that I have tried...but it just doesnt have the look for my new ideas...so I am having to switch...

12. Pinoguin

Pinoguin Peon

Best Answers:
    there is probably no 'best' yet since I believe it depends on what are you gonna use it for ...

If you are going to use it for blog updates then why not go for the cms that specializes on blogs like wordpress?

If not wordpress then you might want to check if you wanted those blog updates automatically be updated to that site, I would think of using rss for that one since many cms could list down rss feeds using plugins. Actually any cms will do... what other features do you want anyway?

Pinoguin, May 5, 2008 IP
  13. richrf

richrf Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I've spent the last few days evaluating various CMS and directory systems. It is pretty frustrating, since the products, in general, are chaotic. The evolution of the products are unpredictable as are the on-going support. The lone exception so far is ExpressionEngine, which seems to have their act together.

I think that Joomla and Drupal exist as a means for developers to create work for developers. The platforms (and there are multiple since no version is ever compatible with previous versions), are spaghetti patchworks that have about the same amount of resiliency as a wet noodle.

Wordpress is solid, dependable, and rigid, and the support team understands the importance of upward compatibility with new releases.

ExpressionEngine, to me, looks like it was developed by people with lots of professional experience in corporations, and they have developed a very solid platform which appears to minimize grief (though I know some developers breathe life/money from new problems).

For now, and the foreseeable future, I would stay away from Joomla, Drupal, and the like which, I feel, bring more problems than solutions to the table. If you can afford ExpressionEngine, then take a look at it ($95/personal, $295/commercial). The price is incidental compared to what developers charge nowadays to solve even the smallest of problems.

If your application can somehow fit within the Wordpress framework, then I would use that.

Rich

richrf, May 5, 2008 IP
  14. charlietree

Best Answers:
    Basically I will be using it as a site that connects all of my blogs together...I have various blogs with various niches...and this site will probably be just a one pager with updates listed on the front and eventually a forum amongst other things...if this doesnt make sense let me know.

15. rkalajian

rkalajian Peon

Best Answers:
    From the way you just described what you want to do, I would use Wordpress. You can very easily achieve what you want to do with it.

rkalajian, May 5, 2008 IP
  16. charlietree

Best Answers:
    I already use Myspace...I have been trying to set up my new Tiyoo site on hotcherry.info

The problem is that I dont understand how to edit or get started with Drupal

charlietree, May 7, 2008 IP
  17. jessten10

jessten10 Peon

Best Answers:
    currently i'm enjoying joomla + 1.5 .. usability and design beats WP flat.. but SEO wise, WP has some 'hidden' plugins which can ensure your site stays in top ten (if u know what i mean)

jessten10, May 9, 2008 IP
  18. charlietree

Best Answers:
    So is Joomla easy to use?

charlietree, May 9, 2008 IP
  19. chtdatweb

Best Answers:
    Yeah joomla is very is easy to use. And as a first timer at CMS it is certainly the first step on the ladder. I will never switch to anything else. :D

chtdatweb, May 9, 2008 IP
  20. zab

zab Peon

Best Answers:
    i hate to say it, but joomla is probably the bset option for now

dont discount wordpress tho its rlly powerful!

zab, May 9, 2008 IP