1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best CMS? Yes it has been asked a zillion times!

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Kayz, May 5, 2008.

1. sajidmm

sajidmm Peon

Best Answers:
    if you want CMS for Articles, sections management then check http://www.yourarticlesdirectory.com.

we are doing this for 4 type of contents. Articles, News, Blogs, Pages.Many more feature on every month update,

Best thing is we keep in mind about design, web 2.0 , css2. Media library for images and contents thumbnails.

sajidmm, May 17, 2008 IP
  2. Divisive Cottonwood

Divisive Cottonwood Peon

Best Answers:
    Drupal's great for a a community site - it has all the features that you would need...

Great for accessibility too because it is so well written.

As for being user friendly, a lot depends on the design and modules that you use - it's very flexible though.

Divisive Cottonwood, May 18, 2008 IP
  3. PaidReviewz

PaidReviewz Banned

Best Answers:
    how about JoomLa ?

PaidReviewz, May 18, 2008 IP
  4. richrf

richrf Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have a support forum, a list of current sites that are using your script, and other types of references for your script? Thanks.

Rich

richrf, May 18, 2008 IP
  5. richrf

richrf Active Member

Best Answers:
    In the past few months, I have talked to dozens of users and consultants who specialize in one or the other of the CMS packages. Not one of the consultants or users could ever give me a good reason why they chose the CMS package that they are using or are recommending to their users. Consultants recommend packages like Joomla or Drupal because that is how they make their living. Users, pick up packages like Joomla or Drupal because some consultant recommended it to them - probably to generate some business (Joomla and Drupal are complicated enough to generate business).

There are reasons to choose Joomla or Drupal, or other CMS packages such as ExpressionEngine, however, I don't think that there are consultants or developers out there who have really spent any time analyzing the different products, differentiating them, determining the strengths and weaknesses, and determining the right choice for their clients.

As a rule of thumb, I can very comfortably say, that if the application fits within the Wordpress framework, then use Wordpress - even it is means some PHP theme modification. Whatever you need to spend on Wordpress (whether it be time, money, or both), will be far less than the total costs of using Drupal or Joomla. I would recommend ExpressionEngine, except for the fact that the documentation is so disjointed, and support is so wilted (they sort of tell you to figure it out yourself), that it is very, very difficult to recommend the product unless someone has lots of time on his and her hand, and wants to do it as a hobby.

I did look at many other CMS packages (e.g. MODx), but they are so fringe at this time, and so risky, it is also impossible to recommend these. So bottom line, use Wordpress, and ignore all of the other chatter, if you are serious about building a website quickly and want the least amount of ongoing maintenance and upgrading headaches.

I do have credentials. I am a system technologist that has spent over 30 years analyzing application architecture. I was one of the notable technological evangelists during the migration from mainframe to client/server and Internet architecture and was very well known during this period of time. Many of my articles can still be found on the Internet (you can google "Richard Finkelstein Relational Database).

Good luck with your evaluation!

Rich

richrf, May 18, 2008 IP
  6. casualmusic

casualmusic Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm starting to really love Wordpress but was a long time Joomla user before.

casualmusic, May 18, 2008 IP
  7. valu

valu Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm using joomla for my community site and wordpress for my article/blog site. I think they are both good, for different purposes. Depends on what you want for your website.

valu, May 18, 2008 IP