1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best "Click my ad" demand of the year

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by TehPsan, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Coast

Coast Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're an AdSense publisher then I'm afraid you may have dug a big hole for yourself, and sooner or later you may slide into it.

Didn't you stop to think about what you were doing? Your IP address, or the several IP addresses which are commonly assigned to you will be stored on a database at Google. Other data will be stored which I don't think we need to discuss here but you'll be able to work it out for yourself with a little thought.

Now then, that site appears to have been banned from the AS program but guess what? Deep within a Google database is evidence that you - yes, you - were clicking all over that site, and sooner or later that is going to be picked up on. Not even by a human - just some piece of software will do some database scans and spot the connection. It will deduce that you were linked to that site - possibly as part of a fraudulent click-ring, and it will raise a flag that your account should be banned.

Now I don't know if that's what will happen but I know this much - if I was running the program I'd have a system such as that in place and plenty more besides.

It's so tiresome to read, day after depressing day, that people are shooting themselves in the foot, all the while thinking they've done something clever. Then of course comes the inevitable "I've been banned but I did nothing wrong" thread. I hope it doesn't happen but you've left yourself wide open.

Coast, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  2. TehPsan

TehPsan Peon

Best Answers:
    Coast, I don't use Adsnse for quite a few reasons. The first one being I can make 50% more other places. Also Google doesn't give a shit if people click on other ads, just like they don't give a shit about MFA sites and scrapers.

Anyway it took them long enough....

TehPsan, Sep 7, 2006 IP