1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Choice for Contextual Ads (non-coder)?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by slashcomment, Jan 14, 2016.

We run a movie review site (it also has game reviews -- video and board along with some other minor items) and we're running Google AdWords of course. We're just getting the main effort started so traffic still has a ways to go yet, so of course we're making pennies with Google.

We're making sure our SEO is all locked in and everything else is solid before we really make a big push. I have tried several popular different ad options usually tied into Related Posts (like YARPP) and all of them essentially have sent us articles on male enhancement products and such.

We'd like to find a solution that's easy to get into a sidebar (alongside our own related posts) or in the footer and that puts up ads truly related to the darned posts they appear in. From my non-coder end this seems fairly easy. We do a review of Star Wars: The Force Awakens and the category is "movies" and the tags include "star wars, sci-fi, action, harrison ford". Kinda easy to get say the DVD for the film in there, collectibles for Star Wars, etc. No?

What's a good fit for this?

We also don't want to burden our writers so the solution shouldn't be a manual link process.

Thanks for any help and so glad I found this forum. The main WP forums are fairly useless.

slashcomment, Jan 14, 2016 IP