1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best bang for your buck marketing?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Evan lander, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Evan lander

Evan lander Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Everyone, i wasn't sure if it was important that i include the details of the business. But i guess different businesses require different techniques.

Some great tidbits of information in here... I am currently in mining, and am starting a company that will be importing and exporting different types of lighting options for the mining/forestry/agricultural industries. In north america lighting options are incredibly overpriced. With the help of importing i hope to drastically lower the cost of lighting options from small to large companies. Providing extraordinary customer service, and an excellent product at a very affordable cost (up to 5x times cheaper)

Evan lander, Jul 8, 2014 IP
  2. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    There is the answer I was looking for.

Joe@AdPatron, Jul 8, 2014 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    No, you said:

<snip>
    No one will mention offline marketing cause they've never done it, or don't know how.
    <snip>

Implying that no one on DP knows offline marketing. As I said before, quite simply, that is not true.

jrbiz, Jul 8, 2014 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You really need to consider a Public Relations campaign if you are bringing disruptive technology to the mining industry. Write up a thoughtful story pitch (2-3 paragraphs) that highlights the benefits that your products will bring to this industry, part of which (the coal and the fracking industries, in particular) is under attack right now by extreme environmentalists. Then compile a list of the most relevant industry news media outlets (offline and online) and personally contact the editors/reporters who focus on mining equipment and technology. Have a brief, 30-second verbal pitch ready and give it to them over the phone. This pitch should tell them, briefly, what the story is about and why it will be important to their readers. If they express interest, follow up by sending the written story pitch to them for review. Then, follow up a few days later to see if they want to move forward with a story. Be sure to offer to help them write the full story and to provide graphics/pictures, as needed. Having the names of a few current users of the equipment that they can also interview will be helpful, as well. Note that I am specifically not suggesting that you pump out press releases and submit them to online PR sites -- complete waste of time for your offering.

Basically, to get coverage in major industry media, offline and online, these days, you have to do all of the work for the reporter/editor. You also need to brief industry analysts/consultants when possible as reporters usually contact such people for validation/confirmation of the story.

I would also consider doing some evangelism at mining trade shows and conferences. Both the press and the industry analysts tend to attend these events, so it will be helpful from that perspective. Note that the mining industry in the U.S. is a very old and stodgy business and most of the businesspeople are laggards when it comes to new technology adoption. Education will be key, initially, and having success stories to promote at conferences/trade shows will go a long way to giving your offering the credibility it will need to succeed. If you can get a speaking position at a relevant trade show, it could be the most effective way to get early recognition.

You may also wish to cultivate relationships with distributors/sales agents who already sell into the mining industry. You can bump into them at trade shows and they will likely read about your offerings in the media. Having a sales partner like this can open doors for you much more quickly and at a higher decision-making level than your fledgling company will be able to achieve, initially.

Note that most of my recommendations are offline marketing (though some of the major industry media will have online components) because this is a very traditional, slow-moving industry and offline selling/marketing will likely be most effective at this stage.

jrbiz, Jul 8, 2014 IP
  5. David Tile

David Tile Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you're not ready to invest in a website, at least set up a Facebook page so people so find you on the internet and you can start building the "face" of your brand.

David Tile, Jul 8, 2014 IP
  6. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    That's the same thing worded differently, lol. My statement, true or not, is an opinion. If I feel people on DP don't know something, you have deal with it.

Joe@AdPatron, Jul 8, 2014 IP
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    And I have dealt with it appropriately. LOL

jrbiz, Jul 8, 2014 IP
  8. Krankensigns.com

Krankensigns.com Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you are starting a business the best advertising you can do is lettering on your vehicle or a vehicle wrap. As you go through your daily routine, shopping, meeting with potential clients, even driving your kids to school, you will be advertising your business. It is the single best advertising investment you cash make. Bar none.

Krankensigns.com, Sep 20, 2014 IP