1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best advise for my articles

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by mr.sidney, Mar 14, 2014.

Hi, I have a bunch of articles on various topics and categories.I had initially written them for a client, but later on I realized the client was a scam.Any help on where I can sell the articles?

mr.sidney, Mar 14, 2014 IP
  2. newsworthywes

newsworthywes Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Go to the buy sell trade section and click on content. Make a new thread, if you're allowed -- I think the rules might prevent you until you're established.

newsworthywes, Mar 14, 2014 IP
  3. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't bother trying to sell them here, you'll only get pathetic offers on the BST forum anyway.

Why not use them on your own website as writing samples?

YMC, Mar 14, 2014 IP
  4. mr.sidney

mr.sidney Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, I thought of publishing them on my own but they are too many articles like more than 50.I was thinking of selling half and then publishing the other half as samples.What I want is a site where they will sell as fast as possible.

mr.sidney, Mar 14, 2014 IP
  5. Pabin Raj Luitel

Pabin Raj Luitel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    I think the best way is to create a blog and post your articles there, your articles are your property and you can do it for blog as blog need articles that are genuine. from blog you can earn too. The next option is taking part in the international writing competitions. If you have several of those articles some of their topics may matched with the topic of competitions so you can participate in the competitions.

Pabin Raj Luitel, Mar 14, 2014 IP
  6. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Please go through everything that has been suggested here : https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...content-or-advertise-content-writing.2708622/.
    Also check https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...id-instantly-for-selling-my-articles.2700667/.

I second what YMC suggests. It actually is a very good idea. Pick out the BEST articles from your lot and use them on your site or blog as samples of your writing. Then promote like crazy.

Another suggestion - If you have a huge amount of content, why not create your own eBooks out of it and sell? There are about 20 sites mentioned here where you can sell eBooks – http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/sell-ebooks/.

I hope something should sort out your problem.
    Good luck.:)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
    Content Maestro, Mar 15, 2014 IP
  7. Claire82

Claire82 Peon

Best Answers:
    I had the same issue. I hate scam and this discussion is very useful to have an idea of what to do. Thanks!

Claire82, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  8. mr.sidney

mr.sidney Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are many people who get scammed but they do not take any action, in my case I published most of the articles so to ensure she does not gain much from whatever content I wrote for her.But scams make you feel less motivated to take on another writing gig.

mr.sidney, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  9. Louis Porter

Louis Porter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry to hear about this. I must be infuriating to be scammed. Especially if you've written 50+ articles for them.
    I do think you could use these articles as tasters to other potential clients in the same industry. offer them up and you may see that it captures their interest. Of course it's all just a gamble.

Louis Porter, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  10. mr.sidney

mr.sidney Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That is what I am planning, because I have only published half of the articles.I am planning to start a blog and publish the rest.

mr.sidney, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  11. lucabrasi

lucabrasi Member

Best Answers:
    Publish on various platforms as examples of your work. If people see your work in top article directories and Yahoo Voices, and any other place with Domain Authority and PR they will know you are the writer they want.
    If any of them are informative publish one on the Huffington Post.
    You can always use the backlinks to your site and people will know you are a bad as*.

lucabrasi, Mar 21, 2014 IP