1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Admin Forum

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by sambling, Nov 5, 2011.

1. sambling

sambling Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Actually all of them are....

sambling, Nov 15, 2011 IP
  2. sambling

Best Answers:
    Copying other admin sites? I don't even own an admin site any more. So how can I copy one...

Brandon Sheley likes this.
  3. sambling

Best Answers:
    Well if I am advertising someone elses site- it means I think it's good ;)

4. sambling

Best Answers:
  5. JohnMac1

JohnMac1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, and the name says it all. Too many admin forums are opening up now-a-days. I suggest going to http://www.adminforums.org, ShadyX (the owner) is a well respected member on many forums and his community is a mature and relaxing place to be.

Also, http://admin-talk.com owned by Brandon Sheley is another great forum. I suggest those two.

JohnMac1, Nov 22, 2011 IP
    Brandon Sheley likes this.
  6. mrwiippy

mrwiippy Member

Best Answers:
    Hi all

Have to admit there is alot of admin forums opening up but i guess everyone can have apiece of the pie? Also im sure that each persone will only have their favourite 1 - 2 that they visit frequantly.

Just my 2 cents

mrwiippy, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  7. p.caspian

p.caspian Peon

Best Answers:
    wow, you have got 2 forum of PR 3. But I think you should have more members on your forum.

p.caspian, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  8. JohnMac1

JohnMac1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe Brandon is going for quality over quantity ;), which I always stood by as being the best way to go.

JohnMac1, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  9. sambling

Best Answers:
    Both those forums look good admin-talk and adminforums. But, I suppose after this comment from the owner of admin-talk.com:
    "You've already been called out for copying other admin sites, how many of those 8.000 post are real?
    I'm guessing a very small percentage "
    (Which one, I don't own an admin forum so how can I copy one and two, all 9400 posts are in fact real.) I won't be going there. Adminforums.org looks great though :)

sambling, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  10. kruzzen

kruzzen Guest

Best Answers:
    Folks,

I am the owner of Another Admin Forum. Some of you may know me, I am Shawn Gossman. I have been a staff member of both TAZ, ADX and many others. None of my posts on my forum are stolen from other forums. I made all mine myself and the majority of the topics are mine. I don't want this conversation to get out of hand. Just so we are clear no posts are stolen, unless someone wants to back their claims up... if not, go sit back down and watch ;)

The domain name BTW is a part of my brand, Another Admin Forum is exactly what it is, just another admin forum to help forum owners out. I am trying to be the big boy on the block, I am simply trying to run a community and in 4 months I have become the largest admin forum powered by SMF and I have over 10,000 posts, I personally think I am doing a good job :)

Plus... direct competition is always welcome on my forum unlike many of the primitive admin forums

Thank you Sam for promoting my forum, it means a lot

I read that many of you say too many admin forums are opening up... Why does that matter? I made my admin forum to be for forum owners, I say the more of them the better resources there are for forum owners. I personally have found a lot of great info on other admin forums including adminforums.org, adminextra.com and adminpeak.com :) I used to like TAZ and still have respect for the owner, Howard but its a bit too old fashion for me... Instead of worrying about who has the biggest here, I am more about providing more admin resources to the member and to me that is what it is all about, isn't it?

Also back to my brand... I run a forum network called Another Forum Network, I make all the forums have "Another(niche keyword)Forum" on all the domains, that is just my brand. I don't see anything wrong with it personally. I think it is unique....

Shawn Gossman

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
    kruzzen, Nov 29, 2011 IP
  11. sambling

Best Answers:
    That is why Shawn is such a great Admin Forum owner :)

sambling, Nov 29, 2011 IP
  12. kruzzen

kruzzen Guest

Best Answers:
    Thank you Sam :)

But for the most part, I want to clear the false allegations that my forum directly copies another forum. I want to see proof if someone thinks that rather than gossip...

kruzzen, Nov 29, 2011 IP
  13. Spudster

Spudster Peon

Best Answers:
    You can say my forum is not the best, but we only a new communnity and the sub forums are still good to discuss in But there are many forums out there theafminzone.com is another good one or warrior forum :)

Spudster, Nov 30, 2011 IP
  14. sambling

Best Answers:
    Did you start the board again spudster?

sambling, Dec 1, 2011 IP
  15. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Admin-talk.com is where its at though. Brandon just recently purchased it, and the community is showing great promise. The admin forums.org forum by ShadyX contains a lot of posts with one liners and such - not so much quality content.

ForgottenCreature, Dec 9, 2011 IP
  16. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The problem with shadyx is
    A) He's a little bit of a worm.
    B) Shady runs forum to forum private messaging staff at other forums to try to convert them to his forum.
    C) He buys forum databases and merges them to make his forum appear large, when really its not.

Laceygirl, Dec 9, 2011 IP
  17. dice kid

dice kid Active Member

Best Answers:
    Out of the two listed (and to stay on topic) I prefer Shawns forum anotheradminforum. You won't get banned there for owning an admin forum and they are very open, the forum contains lots of useful information and is not an aggressive competitor who's only goal is to be the best and ruin the rest like TAZ. A few months back 3 TAZ staff members joined my forum ( http://www.adminforums.org ) and repetedly spammed theadminzone.com links all across our forum then went on to trolling our staff and members. I was previously banned from TAZ permanantly for having my forums link in my sig there.

Thanks for the shoutout spudster :)

Alot of forums contain one liner posts CPVR, We try not to force posting limits upon our members regarding the size of their message. We let people post what they want to post, nothing is forced (as long as it doesnt break the rules). We do have a great arsenal of quality content around the forums (Much more than one liner posts) that is very infomational and rich. We also do regular interviews with notable people such as our recent interviews with: Shawn Hogan (Owner of DP), Matthew Price (Owner of CompleteVB), Christian Bullock (Phpbb designer), Mike Creuzer (Audentio Designs), Alexander Ebert (Woltlab Developer)

Again thanks for the shoutout and the compliments. And yeah I agree admin-talk.com is another great forum with a great guy running it, I would be more active there if their rules on advertising competing forums was a bit more lieniant. :)

Lol, Here we go again Lacey? You read my PM's for no reason, tell everybody about a secret project of mine and then badmouth me everywhere you can without explaining what really happened.

No, I do not run forum to forum pm'ing people asking them to be staff at my forum. I have a very reliable staff team of my own who are long standing members of http://www.adminforums.org . I pm'd ONE user on your forum asking him if he would share his opinions on my project idea and offered him a place there (Not AdminForums) due to him being involved with THE SAME project last year before it closed down.

No, I do not buy forum databases and merge them with my forum. I have previously bought out competiting sites and merged them into AF (Scriptinstalls, Advertisingmania & Forumansion), Real forums with real members who many of which have returned and since become active members of our community. If I did merge random databases into AF it would have well over 500k posts due to the sheer size of my database folder on my harddrive. Instead I am focused on creating a well balanced community that members can enjoy and feel at home.

I would appriciate it if you stopped badmouthing me everywhere you go when you are in the wrong Lacey, You invaded my privacy and read my private messages (without any notice in your privacy policy, TOS or rules) which is very immoral. You then attacked me via PM (Which I still have the screenshots of) and told numerous people of my private project idea via MSN who then approached me and told me about it.

If you like I can post screenshots of our PM when you full on attacked me after reading my PM's seeing as you don't really care about the privacy of your members. Or how you look when you make false accusations when you are proven to be in the wrong on multiple forums, you also sold off your forum without looking into who you were selling it to (you only care about money, not your members saftey) as either you or the new owner of your forum hacked a previous staff member of your forum as per what he posted here: http://www.adminforums.org/threads/avoid-phpbb-communities.27541/

As you can see, even though you continue to attack me on multiple forums I still have the decency to close potential hate topics about your site on AF.

Well I think I have gone a little off topic here, To be blunt I enjoy many webmaster and admin related forums and I continue to seek new ones to join and contribute to because that is why I started adminforums.org . I wanted a chilled place to help forum owners so I created my own :) I am a member of most of the forums that have been listed in this topic and try to contribute as much as I can, Admin Forums are not over saturated and even if they were it does not really matter because if you are passionate about the subject then you have a great chance in suceeding, If not I suggest you find a subject you are passionate about.

For people seeking Admin Forums to join my suggestions would be as follows:

http://www.adminforums.org ( Yes, self promotion :p )
    http://anotheradminforum.com
    http://admin-talk.com
    http://adminshut.com
    http://adminpeak.com

None of them may be very large but they do contain useful information for forum owners and I would reccomend joining those listed :)

Cheers,
    ShadyX.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
    dice kid, Dec 17, 2011 IP
  18. karoshio

karoshio Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the shout out on AdminPeak Shady.

I don't know you and I am not trying to start an argument but I sure have not seen that side of Shady and I have known him for quite a while now.

I know all his staff members and it doesn't seem that way to me. As for the database merging from my point of view with knowing the owners of them and without even hearing his reasoning I could see that it made sense.

He doesn't seem like he would do what mentioned in "B)" as he has helped me quite a lot and I am a competitor for him(AdminPeak.com). I mean, he stickied my topic for AdminPeak for a few months in the website promotion area for basically nothing because I asked for the help when I needed it. That seems something only a nice guy would do.

I don't know what has happened between you and him in full but hey, that's just what's I have seen.

As for the topic at hand I feel AnotherAdminForum is a much more friendly atmosphere than TheAdminZone but I'm not saying it's a bad forum, I just prefer AAF. In the way of all Admin Forums though I will say I like AdminForums and my own the most. Seems silly saying my own but I think the place is coming along with and I have a lot of plans I haven't seen other admin forums do so we will see.

karoshio, Dec 17, 2011 IP
  19. GAFband

GAFband Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello, I used to work with ShadyX but left from Admin Forums as a mod due to lack of time. I can 100% tell you nothing bad is going on behind the doors. ShadyX is a great, fair webmaster who does love competition and lets them advertise and everything at his site. I know for a matter of fact that he does not try to convert other people on competitor sites to his as I have known him to work with many competitor sites in the past. So sorry but I fell you are 100% wrong and unfair here.

GAFband, Dec 17, 2011 IP
  20. kruzzen

kruzzen Guest

Best Answers:
    Shady is a great forum runner :) and I have been plugging my admin forum on my signature there for a while now and nothing has been said at all :D

I have no issue with other admin forums even the primitive ones that are so gung ho about competition, they ban it... I just keep on working to help the NEW admin forum generation expand so we can leave these guys behind to frolic in their no competition policies ;)

kruzzen, Dec 22, 2011 IP