1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Belkin Router Troubles

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wierdo, Jul 9, 2009.

I have a Belkin Router that seems to overheat if I leave it on for extended periods of time. It's a basic wireless G router, nothing fancy about it. Has anyone else had problems with Belkin routers?

wierdo, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  2. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    I've never had a Belkin overheat on me, but it's possible if they are in a cramped space with low ventilation or located on a thick carpeted floor.

If it's in a decent location and it still overheats, I would personally replace it. With some of the things I've seen overheat and easily catch fire, I never take chances.....

Firegirl, Jul 10, 2009 IP
  3. MrHarper

MrHarper Guest

Best Answers:
    Keep it in a cool, airy space. And make sure it's on the side with the airholes, to let air in/out. There's not really much else you can do. It could be faulty, perhaps the store you bought it from will offer you a replacement?

I have a laptop - the one I'm on now - with a similar problem. I have to prop it up (usually with an xbox 360 game box), have the air conditioning blowing down from above me (I always use it in the same place), and it still overheats regularly. It completely removes the portable-computer idea of a laptop. I'm wondering if it's because I bought it in the UK and am now in Australia, and it was made for a different climate? But I don't think any hardware is made for a specific area. So maybe it's faulty. I dunno.

MrHarper, Jul 11, 2009 IP