1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Beginning programming

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Susan Koju, Feb 4, 2016.

I'm 18 years old and I am in High school, there we are taught C programming language but in 1 year of time we learn nothing but a basic stuff. Its annoying as I want to be great programmer and they are teaching me almost nothing. I also want to learn Python, Ruby, JavaScript, PHP etc. Where should I do? I feel like to start learning everything at once, its sound crazy right? [My first post, Thank you for giving your precious time on it :) ]

Susan Koju, Feb 4, 2016 IP
  2. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Drop out or pick a language and start learning by reading tutorials online or buy a book. You couldn't figure that out on your own?

NetStar, Feb 5, 2016 IP
  3. junedc

junedc Active Member

Best Answers:
    When I was in Singapore, Java and .Net are highly in demand, but in New Zealand .net are used in companies here. So based in my experience, sometimes the best language to know is the one which is in demand in your country unless you're migrating. Take a look into Business Intelligence tools as well and SAP technologies. These tools are quite hard to learn but lets say company A will hire you for your .net/java skills and will give you 5k a month, but company B will give you training on SAP/BI but will give you 2k a month. I would suggest go for company B.

Anyway I believe just focus on 1 or 2 language, you cannot learn them all.

junedc, Feb 6, 2016 IP
  4. Ivan S

Ivan S Member

Best Answers:
    learn how to parse data from xml file and make report from it. I need something like that :)

Ivan S, Feb 6, 2016 IP