1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Beginner needs advices on choosing a JavaScript templating library to learn

Discussion in 'JavaScript' started by Ian08, Oct 25, 2016.

Recently, from the career information of Front-End Developer of many web development companies, I could often see AngularJS or ReactJS in the list of skill requirement. That made me think mastering one of these JavaScript templating libraries might enable me to have more opportunities on applying for those openings.

However, after a bit of googling, the results said that the purposes of AngularJS and ReactJS are somewhat different, and using AngularJS is better in a some projects while using ReactJS is better in some other projects. And there is Angular2, which is a newer version of AngularJS. And there is also a new library called Vue.js.

As a front-end developer who has only been doing the conversion of design files to static web pages by using HTML/CSS/jQuery, I really have no clue on which templating library I should choose as my very first templating library to learn.

So some advises from experienced programmers would be deeply appreciated. Thanks.

Solved! View solution.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    Ian08, Oct 25, 2016 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't used neither, so I can't really recommend anything specific, but perhaps it would be prudent to have a look at both of the main contestants? Do some programming in Angular, then the same in React, then do something else in React, then followed by Angular. That way, you get a comparison of the two, and an idea of which is the easiest and hardest to understand and learn. Regardless of your choice, learning a new one will be easier the more you know, hence if you chose to learn Angular first, for instance, getting to grips with React later will probably be a lot easier.

PoPSiCLe, Oct 27, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. Ian08

Ian08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ian08, Oct 28, 2016 IP
  4. ddevcodes

ddevcodes Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Pick Angular, because it is a full framework. But do not start learning old AngularJS. Go with the latest Angular2 & TypeScript, because in the future AngularJS will become deprecated and will be replaced with Angular2.

ddevcodes, Nov 8, 2016 IP
  5. Ian08

Ian08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for recommending Angular2. I will go to check it and TypeScript.

By the way, I'm learning Vue.js because I heard that it is lightweight and easier to learn. Should I turn to Angular2 instead?

Ian08, Nov 8, 2016 IP
    I would just suggest to try them both. Just look what you like more.
    About angular2 I can say that it uses TypeScript that do have better IDE integration, better autocomplete, and will assure you to not make any typos.

ddevcodes, Nov 9, 2016 IP
  7. Ian08

Ian08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I will give Angular2 a try, and then see which one I like more.

Ian08, Nov 9, 2016 IP
  8. ddevcodes

ddevcodes Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Right now is a good time to start learning Angular2, because they have just recently made a final release of this framework. I've started to work with this framework when it was in beta stage so all those breaking changes angular team made were a bit annoying :D

ddevcodes, Nov 9, 2016 IP
  9. Ian08

Ian08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info. That's interesting.

Ian08, Nov 9, 2016 IP
  10. Zeviafreehost

Zeviafreehost Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's really a matter of personal choice. I prefer to VueJS and Vuex because of it's elegance, and ease of learning. I've used Angular in the past but felt is was overly cluttered for what I wanted to do.

Zeviafreehost, Nov 14, 2016 IP