1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

beginner asp help, thanks

Discussion in 'C#' started by rodsound, Aug 30, 2006.

hi guys,

just teaching myself asp to add a little feedback form on my website, www.rodsound.com

but after reading abotu 10,000 tutorials and being sure i have the syntax right i just cant get it to work!:(

would someone be so kind as to check out www.rodsound.com/simpleform.html and let me know why it isnt working?
    its actioned to www.rodsound.com/simpleform.asp

i cant even get my input results to be displayed on the asp page. streamline.net, my hoster, has full asp support too so...??

thanks!

rodsound, Aug 30, 2006 IP
  2. Design1

Design1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm.. I grabbed your code from the html file and put it on a page on my server. It looks like there might be something wrong with the way your host handles things? I use .asp in all my pages and when i submitted that code to a page with nothing but the word test on it, the page worked fine. Your form is great!
    Are you sure your server supports .asp? I looked at your host and it looks like they mostly offer Linux servers.

Good luck!

Design1, Aug 30, 2006 IP
  3. rodsound

rodsound Peon

Best Answers:
    aha!

i checked streamline.net and they do offer asp, but only if you switch to windows servers. you can choose either linux or windows and i was on linux. i've swapped over, but it takes time update (up to 24 hours). so i will check back tomorrow evening, but i'm 99% sure this will work, so thanks for putting me on the right track.

as a side note, what do you think of my singing? lol

i dont like the way i have the audio streaming from mp3's but i didnt want the ugly media player controls on the site..

update - it worked! yay! thanks!

rodsound, Aug 30, 2006 IP