1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Beginner - any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Giuly, Sep 12, 2016.

?

What would make you revisit this site?

Poll closed Sep 19, 2016.
  1. News articles daily

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. More short-stories posts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. More facts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Cool wallpapers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other stuff

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    Hi, there!
    I have started writing few weeks ago on my blog:https://woaaaa.wordpress.com/
    What kind of stuff would you like to read daily?
    I am writing about the most important news and some facts I consider interesting.
    Also, I want to keep writing short-stories, but they don't seem so popular and also are very time consuming comparing to other type of posts.
    Do you find it interesting?
    As this site is just a test (until i buy my own domain), what advice do you have?
    Thanks!

Giuly, Sep 12, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm interested in who you think your target market is
    • The collection of wallpapers you "hand-picked" included some that were hypersexualized and objectified. You might find this interesting reading: http://msmagazine.com/blog/2012/07/03/sexual-objectification-part-1-what-is-it/
      but if misogynist males are your target market then you're doing everything right.
    • Your article about Escobar appears to have been cut and pasted from a variety of sources - easily verified because of the clumsy phrasing
    • The pale text on a pale background makes the site hard to read
    • What's with the monkey at the top?
    • Your "about" page should be about you so that we know why we'd want to follow your blog - what makes you worth the time and effort, special etc.

sarahk, Sep 12, 2016 IP
  3. Giuly

Giuly Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello, sarahk!
    First of all, thank you a lot for taking your time to visit my site.
    I didn't really think I'll get such a quick and honest reply.
    Now, on every aspect, here are my comments:
    1. The wallpapers I posted seemed to have more views when there were sexy ladies presented; but as you say, I really don't want that kind of audience, so I've changed my posts. Also, I have read about objectifying women in your link, very interesting stuff, yesterday I learned something new - thank you for that as well!
    2. My article about Pablo was from part from my own knowledge, part from web; I have seen the mistakes in my text and hopefully corrected them all;
    3. I have changed my font and my font color, I think now is more readable;
    4. The theme I used had a Logo button, and since I didn't know what to choose, I've just put a photo I've taken years ago - bad idea I guess. I've deleted it - it looks a little bit more professional now, without that monkey on top :)
    5. I've described myself in a few words, I don't really like to talk about myself, but hey, it makes sense that the audience might want to know who's writing the stuff they read.
    Thank you again, very much appreciated!

Giuly, Sep 13, 2016 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Love it, the about page is so much better and I appreciate your reticence but it really is essential. Well done :)

sarahk, Sep 13, 2016 IP