1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Been kicked from google search results?

Discussion in 'Google' started by TeDWooD, Aug 12, 2010.

After submitting articles to directorys then finding out the links back to my site were wrong. I have now found myself out of the Google search results. Would it be because of the wrong link i did to my site when i submitted to article directorys?
    I have done absolutely nothing wrong except put a wrong " in one of the html codes. Can someone help?

TeDWooD, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  2. CJ.Online

CJ.Online Peon

Best Answers:
    That's definitely not the issue.

You probably built too many links to your site too quickly, and alerted the Google Spam Filter. :/ Make sure that when you write articles, you do it on a consistent basis and keep it to a reasonable amount a day! :)

Your site should be back within a month or so.

CJ.Online, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  3. TeDWooD

TeDWooD Member

Best Answers:
    I have just found 113!!! links pointing to one page on my site. They are all from the same website. How can i inform google of this?

TeDWooD, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  4. Groovystar

Groovystar Peon

Best Answers:
    A wrong link will not make you disappear. Lots of sites have incorrect links to our site, and we're still there. HTML is easy to screw up.

Groovystar, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  5. Assasin

Assasin Peon

Best Answers:
    Too many links too quickly can lead you to this path.

Assasin, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  6. Mythotical

Mythotical Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Indeed but as well inputting the wrong data can cause Google to drop you as they think its a fake submission since it would make the address field look blank.

Mythotical, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  7. uchiha

uchiha Guest

Best Answers:
    Is it a new site? If so, then you might be sandboxed. Are the pages of your site still indexed? If not, then that's a big worry and you might have to submit for re inclusion into Google

uchiha, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  8. longcall911

longcall911 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is not a reason for G to do anything negative toward your site.

If it were, everyone would create articles with this html error and link to their competitor.

longcall911, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  9. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    wrong link or 100 something link form one site wil not get your site disappear. if your site is new, then it may rank for some time initially and then disappear which is typical. dont panic and keep building links. your site will come back again within couple of weeks or so. if wrong links or many links from one site could get a site penalized, then it would be too easy for evil competitors to kick us out of search results by posting wrong links

sultanofseo, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  10. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The error in HTML coding might lead your page some crawling issue but I doubt if it would cause the kicked out from search engine. As long as your web page display correctly then it should have no problem at all.

This would not hurt so badly and caused the penalty effect as well. If the website ranking could be dropped so easily by pointing some link to some website then there would be many similar issues already.

I would recommend you go and check these instead

1. Are you sure your content in unique? I mean each and every web page on your website. If not all of them are unique then how much ratio between unique content and duplicated ones? Most of websites I see de-indexed issue are because of their own content, which most of them were scraped from other website and even a mixed one cannot go under the radar as well.

2. Have you ever built backlinks to your website? Both homepage and inner pages. If yes, how quality of them? If not, you should get yourself started immediately. You should also keep ratio between homepage and inner pages to be balanced. If you keep building links to homepage only then it would be looked unnatural anyway.

Sxperm, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  11. horsey67745

horsey67745 Peon

Best Answers:
    Is not in violation of the rules of google, google found cheating will be punished by google

horsey67745, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  12. TeDWooD

TeDWooD Member

Best Answers:
    My site is pretty new and is ALL unique content that i have written myself. So are tyou saying its normal for sites to get indexed and then disappear two weeks later? Why is this?

TeDWooD, Aug 15, 2010 IP
  13. Sickthing

Sickthing Peon

Best Answers:
    TeDwood, search this site for SandBox, yeah it happens a LOT.

Sickthing, Aug 15, 2010 IP
  14. Montreal Classifieds

Montreal Classifieds Active Member

Best Answers:
    1) Check webmaster tools. If you penalized by Google, you should get a message there.
    2) Also check in webmaster tools when google robots visited your website.
    3) Check your robots.txt file, if you by mistake blocked whole website
    4) check google safe browsing tool

And I agree with majority of people here, wrong link cannot damage your website. But if you got all 100 links in 1 day from one website it can be suspicious.

Montreal Classifieds, Aug 15, 2010 IP
  15. TeDWooD

TeDWooD Member

Best Answers:
    Hi i just want to come back to this thread as its still relevant to what is happening. Yesterday my site got indexed and i saw 13 hits from Google of natural traffic, i then went on to build up around another 10 back links and boom site back off again. Is this part of the Google dance and normal or is even 10 back links too much for my site to handle?

TeDWooD, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  16. Sickthing

Sickthing Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting stuff but not enough information. You have a learning opportunity here I think. It could be where you're back linking from. Bad neighbourhood? It could be too many too fast. Ten doesn't seem like a lot to me but perhaps it is to Google.

Look for a domain history tool. See if someone else every owned your domain name. I once added one and found it blacklisted. I got it removed but it never did anything. Could have been many reasons it didn't.

I hope you'll keep us informed, lots to learn from this I think.

Sickthing, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  17. ju5t

ju5t Peon

Best Answers:
    unless you build over a thousand links a day i dont think you need to worry about being penalised for doing it too fast.

The trick is to make it look natural and do it over time,

1 link one day, 3 the next then none for a couple then another 5-10 etc etc

ju5t, Sep 2, 2010 IP
  18. Lovely

Lovely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have a Google webmaster tools account, if not you can sign up for it. With your webmaster tools account Google will let you know if there is any problem with your website ot blog and suggest solution for you. Wrong backlink to you site can not cause the problem. All the best.

Lovely, Sep 2, 2010 IP