1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

been billed $128 by fireball hosting that i havent bought

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by mytvtalk, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Profit|Jacob

Profit|Jacob Banned

Best Answers:
    If that guy is a pro, then my nickname is Tim Osmond and my real name Osama Bin Laden.

Profit|Jacob, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  2. Cameron [NetXHosting]

Cameron [NetXHosting] Peon

Best Answers:
    Please, do show this proof. Why on earth would I cancel a server that was still in use????

It's not my damn fault that you didn't charge me the fees when you got billed for them. If you get charged fees YOU FORWARD THEM TO THE CUSTOMER STRAIGHT AWAY, not wait for a few months, after you've screwed up and then just make them pop up.

I never said anything was wrong with your hosting, it's your damn dedicated servers and the way you run them. Also, with the abuse complaints, there were 3 servers. 2 of them held VPS's so you should expect abuse complaints. It happens to almost every VPS seller every little while. Also, is the details on your WHOIS valid?

Hey Osama! :rolleyes:

Cameron [NetXHosting], Jun 30, 2008 IP
  3. JohnJ

JohnJ Active Member

Best Answers:
    I really don't see how his customers being reported for abuse has anything to do with his complaints. I've had abuse complaints, and I'm sure Stroh (or how ever you say his name) has had abuse complaints about his customers. But then again, come to mind, he himself has received direct complaints. Therefore, I don't think you have any room to talk, Stroh.:rolleyes:

JohnJ, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  4. Profit|Jacob

Profit|Jacob Banned

Best Answers:
    There is a big difference between a civil dispute between eachother and an actual complaint about a breach of the law of a region.

5. JohnJ

JohnJ Active Member

Best Answers:
    Who says those complaints are about a breach of the law? Maybe the VPS's were being abusive resource wise. :rolleyes:

JohnJ, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  6. Stroh

Stroh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well you did, and you know it. You canceled straight up and I did as I would with any cancellation. Then you had the balls to turn around, and say I'm coming after you. Also, I paid for your damn fees and yet you had the balls to say you lost money? Like hell you did, you didn't pay for the server so therefore it was easy to refund your customers right away cause you didn't give anything to me. Also, you should be blaming Burst NET for the fees cause they waited and waited and waited until they finally started billing me all at one shot. I passed the costs onto you.

As for my server handling, it wasn't my fault when I couldn't get your e-mails. It was Just Edge's fault and I have proof of that cause they even told me that they messed up on the server. They had to take it down for a couple hours and fix it. If they would've done their job in the first place, that one could of been prevented. Also, why the hell would you PM me AFTER your server was taken down? You also could of sent an e-mail to my personal contacts that are listed on my DP account.

About my Whois, there is nothing wrong with it.

Actually they were abusive and in fact I did receive an MPAA complaint against piracy, therefore I could of just let his server get suspended and forget about it. Instead I re-activated it, assured Burst NET that I would discuss with Cameron and all would be fine. Boy was I wrong. Also, I have never received an abuse complaint about my own server. Just when I had Cameron's under me.

Stroh, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  7. Profit|Jacob

Profit|Jacob Banned

Best Answers:
    Could be, but in that case I think there would not be a complaint but rather the question if the client wants to upgrade or not :)

8. Stroh

Stroh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well if they were about resources, then I think that would go from Cameron himself not me. I only get abuse complaints about spam, breach of law, and so on. Nothing about resource usage.

Edit: also, I would like to apologize to the OP as his thread had to get hijacked. Just an update, he has responded back and has thanked me.

Also Cameron, how can you loose thousands on one server? Are you saying you oversell by a lot? Cause as far as I'm concerned an $80 server, you can only fit so much on it at one time, how many VPSes were you running on it? 30? 80? 300?

Stroh, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  9. Cameron [NetXHosting]

Best Answers:
    LOL, I didn't pay for it eh?

Now, please do show me where (logs, emails whatever) that I canceled any server (other than server2.connecthost.net). As for the fees, you should have told BurstNET to shove them. It's exactly what I did when they did that kind of crap to me in January this year and they ended up wiping them. I know that JustEdge is crap, I have a server with them and they take hours, sometimes days to fix things. Now what server are we talking about PM'ming about? I didn't PM you about the one that went offline YESTERDAY because my support staff told me that he contacted you via your site.

Now, that server was suspended because of fraud/illegal stuff on it, yep. But the way you told me was from PM on this forum, not via email like a proper company should, and as I get about 20PM's+ every night, I don't exactly read them all. But I wasn't told anything about the latest cancellation, the one I actually PAID for was I? No, I had my money stolen and that was it. Finally, on $6 VPS's, there is a lot of fraud. This has since been fixed via MaxMind, but we couldn't help piracy etc then.

10. Stroh

Stroh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You did cancel it. You told me to cause Burst NET was messing both of us over. You canceled the subscriptions prior and that was my key to cancel the servers. I am in no way responsible if you cut yourself loose.

[​IMG]

Notice the date on the billing? That is when he was stopped being billed for cause he canceled the order in his billing account panel.

The most recent ones were canceled because he canceled his subscription. I waited until the last moment that Burst NET allowed for. If he didn't cancel his subscription then he would've had it continue with no complaints. I should of told Burst NET to shove it, big mistake on my part. I wanted to be in good faith but recently (even after all your servers were gone - I'm still being billed, at this moment they should of straightened it out) they struck me again.

Stroh, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  11. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    file a complaint with your credit card or bank account.. whatever account the money was withdrawn from.

Brandon Sheley, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  12. Stroh

Stroh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    He didn't pay it so he's fine. His issue was taken care of already and he has PMed me and thanked me.

Stroh, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  13. JohnJ

JohnJ Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just for the record, anyone with admin access in WHMCS can edit an account to "cancelled".

JohnJ, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  14. Stroh

Stroh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes but the date shows when he stopped his account. He should have an e-mail about that.

Also here is a sample of one abuse complain, filed by Paramount.

Hash: SHA1

Notice ID: 22-35451191

Notice Date: 8 May 2008 20:03:47 GMT

Network Operations Center Inc.

Dear Sir or Madam

:BayTSP, Inc. ("BayTSP") swears under penalty of perjury that Paramount Pictures
    Corporation ("Paramount") has authorized BayTSP to act as its non-exclusive agent
    for copyright infringement notification. BayTSP's search of the protocol listed
    below has detected infringements of Paramount's copyright interests on your IP
    addresses as detailed in the attached report.

BayTSP has reasonable good faith belief that use of the material in the manner
    complained of in the attached report is not authorized by Paramount, its agents, or
    the law. The information provided herein is accurate to the best of our knowledge.
    Therefore, this letter is an official notification to effect removal of the detected
    infringement listed in the attached report. The attached documentation specifies the
    exact location of the infringement.

We hereby request that you immediately remove or block access to the infringing
    material, as specified in the copyright laws, and insure the user refrains from
    using or sharing with others unauthorized Paramount's materials in the future (see,
    17 U.S.C. 512).

Further, we believe that the entire Internet community benefits when these matters
    are resolved cooperatively. We urge you to take immediate action to stop this
    infringing activity and inform us of the results of your actions. We appreciate your
    efforts toward this common goal.

Please respond indicating the actions you have taken to resolve this matter. The
    provided link has been assigned to this matter.
    http://webreply.baytsp.com/webreply/...013e6d9ea56ff6

For email correspondence, please reference the above Notice ID in the subject line.
    ?subject=RE20Property

Nothing in this letter shall serve as a waiver of any rights or remedies of
    Paramount with respect to the alleged infringement, all of which are expressly
    reserved. Should you need to contact me, I may be reached at the following address

:Mark Ishikawa

Chief Executive Officer

BayTSP, Inc.

PO Box 1314

Los Gatos, CA 95031

v: 408-341-2300

f: 408-341-2399

*pgp public key is available on the key server at ldap://keyserver.pgp.com

Note: The information transmitted in this Notice is intended only for the person or
    entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged
    material. Any review, reproduction, retransmission, dissemination or other use of,
    or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities
    other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error,
    please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers.

This infringement notice contains an XML tag that can be used to automate the
    processing of this data. If you would like more information on how to use this tag
    please contact BayTSP.

Evidentiary Information

:Notice ID: 22-35451191

Recent Infringement Timestamp: 8 May 2008 18:37:04 GMT

Infringed Work: Beowulf

Infringing FileName: Beowulf[2007][Director's.Cut]DvDrip[Eng]-aXXo

Infringing FileSize: 735969234

Protocol: BitTorrent

Infringing URL: http://tracker.to:2710/announce

Infringers IP Address: 66.197.207.56

Infringer's DNS Name:

Infringer's User Name:

Initial Infringement Timestamp: 8 May 2008 18:37:04 GMT

- ---Start ACNS XML

Open

BayTSP, Inc. on behalf of Paramount Pictures

Compliance Manager, Compliance Team

P.O. Box 1314, Los Gatos, California 95031 United States of America

(408) 341-2300,(408) 341-2399

Network Operations Center Inc.

2008-05-08T18:37:04.000Z

BitTorrent

No

Beowulf

Beowulf[2007][Director's.Cut]DvDrip[Eng]-aXXo

http://tracker.to:2710/announce

- ---End ACNS XML

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

Version: 8.0

iD8DBQFII/Wz9Y9NMGKi0WgRAreWAKDzA4fpcXZt5/GrRLt44gnmYHU7cgCgpO20

d5afNS6kwE55Q0qWCQUmn8E=

=cxPv

-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you,

Abuse Department

BurstNET Technologies, Inc.

http://fireballhost.com/imghost/images/kds7gp8jjy1v0r4q8sb.jpg - here's an image of one of his PMs that states he canceled it. I clearly gave him enough time to think about it.

Stroh, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  15. Cameron [NetXHosting]

Best Answers:
    LOL I don't even know how to cancel in WHMCS. And please tell me why on the earth I would cancel servers that had customers and important information on them? And just in case you didn't see it, but above is a quote FOR PAYMENT ON THAT EXACT SERVER on the 7th of last month, so unless you plan on fixing my server, i'll have a full refund please.

Dude, I haven't got ANY emails from you since I got an abuse complaint on 5th June about a abuse complaint but have NEVER received anything other than abuse complaints and server details.

16. Cameron [NetXHosting]

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it's an abuse report. As I stated, most VPS/Hosting companies get them. Also that PM is not about the server I'm talking about, that was settled. What I'm talking about is 66.197.207.53, the one canceled last night.

17. Stroh

Stroh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What server canceled last night? Server2.connecthost.net or vps2.netxservers.net?

EDIT: I remember, you canceled your subscription. You did mention about how I should cancel them all if they increased the pricing. We talked about this lots and I even told you ahead of time so you wouldn't lose any information. If you didn't want it canceled, then you should of responded to my e-mail saying, don't cancel it, keep it open. I gave you fair warning and you apparently received it cause someone replied back saying OK, thanks for the notice.

Stroh, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  18. Cameron [NetXHosting]

Best Answers:
    Geez, I don't know what the hostname was from it... the IP was 66.197.207.53. But the bottom line is, you have my money, I have no server, so I want my money back. Thank you.

19. Stroh

Stroh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Jun. 7, 2008 Payment From NetXCorporate Completed Details $64.95 USD -$2.83 USD $62.12 USD

This was the last transaction from you and that was it. Burst NET took the liberty of making all my servers end on the 29th (Why I still haven't gotten an answer as to why) That was a completed billing period according to them and thus I canceled on the 29th as required by Burst NET.

Stroh, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  20. Cameron [NetXHosting]

Best Answers:
    Yeah, exactly. Now where's my money? I haven't had the server for the period it was paid for, and I bet that none of that money was ever sent to Burst.