1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Beatles - how have they influenced you?

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & TV' started by smile633, Oct 7, 2009.

I heard a provocative speech the other day. Someone was saying that the Beatles have influenced our thinking so much without us really realsing it. They have given us values that have not served us well.
    What do you think? What has their influence been on your life?

smile633, Oct 7, 2009 IP
    Globeweb likes this.
  2. rypher21

rypher21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    honestly im not that a fan of them..so i dont consider myself one of the people who had been influenced by them..
    they're legend though...:)

but i heard that there's Master of the Arts in Beatles Studies now in Liverpool Hope University.
    just thought of saying that..

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/education/21213591/detail.html

rypher21, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  3. Globeweb

Globeweb Guest

Best Answers:
    On a personal level, groups like the Beatles did and do have a big impact on life. Just a different perspective to things.
    Or to phrase Lord Lennon Himself: ...we were all on this ship in the sixties, our generation, a ship going to discover the New World. And the Beatles were in the crow's nest of that ship. Halleluja.

Globeweb, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  4. keen4kash

keen4kash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have learnt that music can still be as effective in the current day as it was when it was first written

Really good music stands the test of time

The messages from especially Lennon's songs may have been strange when made but time has shown most of it was true and relevant too

Im not the biggest fan or they have not changed my life but i respect what they did for sure

keen4kash, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  5. SocialSignals

SocialSignals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The have not really influenced me, but probably the bands that I listen too.
    In a way you can say that indirectly they have influenced me as well, since the music i listen too has.

SocialSignals, Oct 9, 2009 IP
  6. mediapro

mediapro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OMG! I visited the link. There is actually a Master of the Arts in Beatles Studies degree. Wow.

The one who had some influence on us was John Lennon. Not the rest of the beattles. It was not through the music it was through the words, they actually broke some narrow minded standards that people followed, directly affecting the upcoming generations.

mediapro, Oct 12, 2009 IP