1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Be safe from the unprofessional, illegal hosting providers

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by dreamyhost, Oct 26, 2011.

Digital point members please check before buy hosting. Many unprofessional and illegal hosting provider are here to cheat you..

A little rant after reading a few posts on here today.

Why do some alleged 'hosting providers' use nulled scripts of WHMCS and other scripts? They save $15 a month on WHMCS, big deal!

For the support and updates you get with a real license, not to mention supporting the developers isn't $15 worth it? Do you really want your business to look unprofessional, cheap and down right illegal?

Nulled scripts also have a habit of containing call home and spyware scripts. Do you really want your customers to get spammed because your too cheap to buy a license. How about receiving a phone call to let you know your being sued because all your clients details have been published on some dodgy forum and now all your clients want a piece of your a$$. Not a good way to run a long lasting and successful business!

For potential hosting clients check :
    WHMCS Verification
    and
    WHM/cPanel verification
    before you buy! If your potential hosting company can't afford the licenses you really want to look elsewhere!

dreamyhost, Oct 26, 2011 IP
  2. sizzlefire

sizzlefire Member

Best Answers:
    Not all web hosts use WHMCS. Some could use clientexec or another billing software. But nice post, i do agree, there are alot of people who try to use nulled software. Im not sure why they dont see the problem with it.

Also, for the WHM/cpanel verifcation you need to use the servers main IP address.

sizzlefire, Oct 26, 2011 IP
  3. Orangine

Orangine Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    looks like self-advertising crap. I wouldn't buy hosting from someone that is building their brand on top of other provider (DreamHost in that case)

Orangine, Oct 26, 2011 IP
  4. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Could very well be, but that still doesn't take away from the fact that there are a lot of "companies" out there operating illegally. Clients should definitely use due dilligence before selecting a hosting company, and verifying that the company is legitimate and using legitimate software isn't a bad first step.

WSWD, Oct 26, 2011 IP
  5. Orangine

Orangine Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't know what you mean by "operating illegally". Using pirate software doesn't make a company illegal, actually there's no such thing as illegal company. The entity is either a company or not. However I'm guessing 99% people advertising here are not "companies" at all. Hell - most of them are not even at the legal age they could form a company. And the rest "companies" are likely to be a one-man shows, usually self employed, which is far from a real "company".

Orangine, Oct 26, 2011 IP
  6. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Even self-employed one-man shows have to go through the process of creating a legitimate business entity, in most places. That might be getting a business license, filing a fictitious business name, etc. That's what I mean when I say "company". Illegal business entity would be a better term.

People simply do no research, don't verify the legitimacy of the business, and end up buying hosting from some teen living in his parents' basement. That gives the rest of us in this industry a bad name.

WSWD, Oct 26, 2011 IP
  7. dreamyhost

dreamyhost Member

Best Answers:
    hey listen,
    there has no rules that no one can use dreamyhost if dreamhost is used. dreamyhost is legally registered company. If you find any illegal things about our company then you are invited to take anytype of steps.
    And this is not for self promoting friend. this post is for warn people to be safe from the illegal hosting providers.
    thanks

dreamyhost, Oct 26, 2011 IP
  8. niceboy

niceboy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that, there are too many fly by night companies using unlicensed/cracked scripts. Unfortunately, there are too many customers who jump in without noticing any thing and get bitten.

niceboy, Oct 26, 2011 IP
  9. AllHostOne.co.uk

AllHostOne.co.uk Member

Best Answers:
    Need i say more ;) , Im pretty sure people of the biggest webmaster forum out there do know how to verify WHMCS etc. This just seems to be some publicity stunt

But you know what makes this thread really funny?
    http://screensnapr.com/v/14gMkc.png

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
    AllHostOne.co.uk, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  10. dreamyhost

dreamyhost Member

Best Answers:
    Dear ceo sir, your site also reported yesterday for nulled version of whmcs.. Ok?
    thanks

dreamyhost, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  11. AllHostOne.co.uk

AllHostOne.co.uk Member

Best Answers:
    Once again I request you look back a day on that thread to find exactly what i said:

1. Good English
    2. WHMCS are faffing around with a webhost license I have, I would give you that license number but I dont support theft.

12. dreamyhost

dreamyhost Member

Best Answers:
    Dear ceo sir, we have contacted with whmcs and your data center. You are using nulled version of whmcs. We already sent a violence report to icann. They will take care of you. If you have valid license then dont worry. If not then buy the license right now.
    Thanks..

dreamyhost, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  13. AllHostOne.co.uk

AllHostOne.co.uk Member

Best Answers:
    mmmmhmmmmm

and http://screensnapr.com/v/14gMkc.png ?

14. Orangine

Orangine Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Please, get someone proficient in English to proof read your post before you put them here. Gibberish and pseudo self endorsement, cut the crap, we know what this pathetic topic is here for.

Orangine, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  15. Milo Odin

Milo Odin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Milo Odin, Oct 28, 2011 IP
  16. AllHostOne.co.uk

AllHostOne.co.uk Member

Best Answers:
    AllHostOne.co.uk, Oct 28, 2011 IP
  17. dreamyhost

dreamyhost Member

Best Answers:
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha mr ceo, either you gone mad or you dont have a litle bit of it knowledge. cant you see dreamy host use hostbill billing software.. how it will authorized by whmcs?? it was really a funny joke. take care..

dreamyhost, Oct 28, 2011 IP
  18. AllHostOne.co.uk

AllHostOne.co.uk Member

Best Answers:
    Do you know how hard it is to take down software and upload new software?.....

P.S Your not being very professional in your posts

AllHostOne.co.uk, Oct 28, 2011 IP
  19. HSJason

HSJason Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, I don't even know whats going on here anymore. I think any reputable host is going to be using a licensed product or their own in-house system. Maybe some fly by night resellers will find a cracked version, but people shouldn't be hosting with these guys anyway. Having a bad license is the least of the worries with these kinds of hosts.

HSJason, Oct 28, 2011 IP
  20. rmcs0426

rmcs0426 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is a plus to ensure everything is legal. The truth always comes out. Besides that it is better to have the have all registered the right way.

rmcs0426, Oct 29, 2011 IP