1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

BBC/PBS Jan 5 2009 – The Story of India, Aryan Invasion Theory Flawed

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Brahmana, Jan 3, 2009.

Can someone repost it with live links. I just want someone with live link to repost what I have type in the quote blocks without altering the actual content. Where I have links, just fix the start/end url tag.

Thank you.

Brahmana, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  2. Brahmana

Brahmana Peon

Best Answers:
    BBC/PBS Jan 5 2009 – The Story of India, Aryan Invasion Theory Flawed is shown as facts to everyone of English speaking audience and this still taught in Indian schools.

Here is Superficial Aryan- Dravidian Divide:

ARYAN invasion theory, proven false -- INDIA (part 1 of 3)

ARYAN invasion theory, proven false -- INDIA (part 2 of 3)

ARYAN invasion theory, proven false -- INDIA (part 3 of 3)

Good Article by David Frawley: The Myth of the Aryan Invasion of India By David Frawley
    http://www.hindunet.org/hindu_history/ancient/aryan/aryan_frawley.html

Michael Woods’s documentary, The Story of India, professional archaeologist historian of BBC, misrepresents as there was Aryan invasion of India at 1500 BCE. According Rig Veda, there is no mention of any sort of invasion. Rig Veda mentions Saraswati River which is dried up in around 1900 BCE. Current satellite pictures shows this river dried up. This put Aryan Invasion Theory to bite the dust. His representation will upset scholars of Indus Valley Civilization (Ancient Vedic Society that still exists and practiced by today in India by Hindus), who believe in, Out Of India Theory first proposed by a German.

Indian History have to be rewritten inform ignorant people who are being brain washed by defunct theory of Aryan Invasion into India.

Michael Woods starts off by showing DNA evidence found in a South Indian, as a marker of earliest genes found to when first man migrated from Africa in recent Humans. But he doesn’t even mention Indian gene pool didn’t change for more than 6000 years.

Recent genetic study by University of Cambridge human genetics professor Dr. Toomas Kivisild in his 2007 genetic works show highest concentration of R1a1 gene found only in Indian Subcontinent and Gypsies(who are actually Indians). Who now backs, Out of India Theory.

In what is known as Mesopotamia, currently Turkey, there are findings of Sanskrit and worshiping of Hindu gods by Mittani people, Mittani, see section Indo-Aryan superstrate.

Google Videos – Story of India
    Part 1
    The Story of India Part 1
    Part 2
    The Story of India Part 2
    Part 4
    The Story of India Part 4
    Part 5
    The Story of India Part 5

This has good discussion about BBC Documentary:
    http://deshika.wordpress.com/2007/08/31/michael-wood%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%98beginnings%E2%80%99-hinduism-damned-with-praise/

Talk Story of India

I can’t find Part 3 and Part 6 on the internet. If you do find it please add it to this thread.

Overall, this is a good documentary on India. Remarkable about India is its civilization goes back to 15000 BCE and still continuing.

Brahmana, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  3. contentedge

contentedge Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you mind explaining a little about your location?

contentedge, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  4. Brahmana

Brahmana Peon

Best Answers:
    This requires another thread of its own. I will elaborate later on another thread.

Brahmana, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  5. Brahmana

Brahmana Peon

Best Answers:
    Brahmana, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  6. Brahmana

Brahmana Peon

Best Answers:
    Just to update on this Aryan Invasion theory:

This theory has been seriously debunked last 15 yrs with satellite photos and recently with genetics, DNA testing. DNA points more proof Indian tribes emigrated to Europe and Asia than any Aryan tribe immigrated India. Indologist can't refute the DNA evidence or satellite photo taken by NASA.

After human moved from Africa, India was their second home. From India, rest of Europe and Asia was populated and Indian Civilization gave them the language they speak now.

Just search and my fellow Indians do yourself a favor:

Aryan Invasion Theory Debunked

This put Indian Civilization at about 15000-10000 years not as Indologist claim to be started at about 1500 BC. By far this is the oldest civilization to this date.

Brahmana, Jun 4, 2009 IP
  7. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The Neanderthals were in France and Cro-Magnon were in Spain 25000 years ago. So your theory that Europe was populated from Indian Aryans is untrue.

gauharjk, Jun 5, 2009 IP
  8. Brahmana

Brahmana Peon

Best Answers:
    All Indians are Aryans. Please go read the links and provide counter argument based on scientific evidence eg. Genetics DNA. There is clear linkage between human migration from Africa to India to Australia and Genetics Linkage from India to Euro-Asia.

Neanderthals were attacked and even eaten by migrating Humans. Neanderthals who were present in France went extinct due to Human carnivores activities and climate.

Cro-Magnon are early modern humans not humans.

Brahmana, Jun 5, 2009 IP
  9. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Only North Indians are Aryans. South Indians are Dravidians. North-East Indians are Chinese/Mongolian. Indians in the Deccan Plateau are a mixture of Aryans and Dravidians.

We are all Cro-Magnons. That is where the stone-age started. Its us... the Cro-Magnons...

gauharjk, Jun 5, 2009 IP
  10. Brahmana

Brahmana Peon

Best Answers:
    People can read the whole argument and counter argument and make up their mind.
    Aryan Invasion Theory: Argument and Anti-Argument

Here are few videos on India: India Reborn

Brahmana, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  11. Brahmana

Brahmana Peon

Best Answers:
  12. elladrone

elladrone Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll throw the popcorn in the microwave, time to watch the debate...

elladrone, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  13. Brahmana

Brahmana Peon

Best Answers:
    People who are not Aryans still claiming they are Aryans especially on YouTube. Aryans gene is Haplogroup R1a (Y-DNA) R1a is home to India and R1a gene found to be 72% to 20% all the way up to Sri Lanka. Urheimat is India. India is the donor of Gene R1a and rest are recipients. Manu is the father to all Aryans.

Persians R1a percentage is somewhere between 12%. They may have been Aryans. Persians were part of Indian tribe that migrated out of Indus/Saraswati River due to quarrel. Persia is Arab b*st*rdization now. Only Aryans are followers of Sanatana Dharma, Buddhist, Jains and Zoroastrians.

Brahmana, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  14. moneycms

moneycms Peon

Best Answers:
    @brahmana

wow thats quite a lot of research done by you. the videos on the story of india are quite amazing. there is so much to know about.

moneycms, Mar 10, 2010 IP
  15. Ethical Geek

Ethical Geek Member

Best Answers:
    I apologize for bumping this 2 year old thread. After reading few of the links you've posted, I feel terribly confused and deceived. I've just graduated from my University and waiting for my joining in a major steel firm in Aug and in the mean time, I've bought few Indian History books by reputed authors such as Romila Thapar and D.N.Jha to kill my time off reading in these vacation. I've just finished reading this book 'A history of India..vol1, by Romila Thapar' and just when I thought I've at least some little good knowledge on ancient Indian History, your articles on 'Debunking of the Aryan Theory' came to me as shock (really I'd never heard of it before until I came across this thread.) If the new theory is true, perhaps entire Indian history would need to be re written. What makes me more crazy is that, the Indian scholars and historians differ on these issues among themselves. Many have accepted the earlier (European) versions of Aryan Invasion Theory(AIT) as truth and perhaps very few would be aware of the emerging Debunking notion of the AIT. Some of the links you've provided are quite convincing, the relevance of the Aryans with its timeline, the disappearance of Indus Valley Civilisation, and origins of the Aryans and several arguments seem to fit in with the new Anti-AIT theory unlike the AIT theory which appears to have many loopholes. I'm not sure though majority of Indian history books perhaps have no mention of the anti-AIT theory and few scholars have maintained that such modifications tried to be enforced in the already established AIT theories exhibit pro-Hindutva/ Hindu fundamentalist attitude. I'm an civil services aspirant and might consider to take up history as one of optional subject in future and these information, though very controversial in nature, have quite helped me to expand my understanding. Thanks for the information.

Ethical Geek, Jun 27, 2011 IP