1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Batman breaks into Buckingham Palace

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Weirfire, Sep 14, 2004.

Weirfire, Sep 14, 2004 IP
  2. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Whilst not condoning the action, as a father who has watched as an ex-wife abused the system and flouted the court rulings that gave me access to my daughter, I can sympathise with this man, and so I'm not sure I would be calling him an idiot!

Foxy, Sep 14, 2004 IP
  3. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    Apologies.

4. Foxy

Best Answers:
    Thanks Weirfire you're a true gentleman

Foxy, Sep 14, 2004 IP
  5. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    When I worked in a pub, one of the locals climbed on to the roof and closed down the whole high street because he wanted to see his son.

The paper said it was in aid of Fathers 4 Justice too.

I felt really bad for the guy because he always used to just sit and drink himself into a stupor.

I'm not sure whether he has been allowed to see his son or not yet?

I hope he did.

SEbasic, Sep 14, 2004 IP
  6. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    No worries.

My problem is sometimes I just say the first thing that comes into my head. :eek:

7. Foxy

Best Answers:
    No worries also weirfire cause we know you did.

The sad thing about it is that when I first broke up with my then wife she was more than happy to keep contact but soon after she denied all contact and I needed to go to the High Court in the Strand.

The "battle" was incredible and costly with support for my then wife from Social Workers saying that my daughter was allowed to have contact with her first husband because of the boys from that relationship [who was a convicted flasher...I kid you not!...but "reformed"] but I could not be regarded as being a reasonable father!!

It lasted two days [with me being a witness for over one day] and then as soon as my 26 year old woman barrister got up it took just 5 questions of my then wife to "break her" with the summing up being "so why are we here?" She was just incredible - what talent.

I had contact for 3 years but as soon as she, the then wife, could move house, she did, and did not give a forwarding address...... there are a lot like me I have found out...and we just do not have the rights to get back what is ours.. the ability to love our children.

Thanks for bringing it up weirfire it does let me say something about it :)

Foxy, Sep 14, 2004 IP
  8. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    Your welcome :)

I can imagine it would be a very tough thing to go through.

9. Foxy

Best Answers:
    Yep....and it continues..

Foxy, Sep 14, 2004 IP
  10. jebby

jebby Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear about that foxy. Is there something in particular wrong with the UK law that causes these kinds of issues? I haven't really heard of similar problems here in Canada. although I know mothers do get some priority.

jebby, Sep 14, 2004 IP
  11. Foxy

Best Answers:
    Hi Jebby - Thanks for your concern - the problem lies in that in giving the "correct" protection and care to the child [and mother] they did not make the "protection" of rights for the father strong enough to cover the problem of mothers who abuse the law. As time has gone by more and more mothers have found out that they can just walk away and there is very little that the father can do.

So mothers who have had enough [the fathers have also] with the original relationship and do not want any contact with the old partner at all forget about the "rights" of the child and what it might want and close the door so to speak, against the law.

I do hope that it is not about to happen in your country.

Foxy, Sep 14, 2004 IP
  12. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    Batman and "Robin" definately made their point - the front cover of UK/Europe edition of "Time" magazine this week leads with the story "Why can't I see my kid?" with inset photo of the caped crusader on the Buckingham Palace ledge...

Lever, Sep 22, 2004 IP