1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Basic SEO tasks and link exchange questions

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by weedguru, Jan 14, 2013.

Its been a hell of a long time since I poured any energy into developing my WG website, but this year its at the forefront of my twisted agenda. Digital point seems a great place for me to start learning the ropes more fully, rather than dipping my toes in now and then, getting what I need to satisfy a flash in the pan urge to develop and improve, then forgetting about such matters for the next year or three...

Firstly, what are my first ports of call for SEO improvements???
    Backlinks? Metadata? RSS feeds? key word analysis?

Secondly...if my website is alexa ranked around 500,000, is it in my interests to exchange links with websites of a similar content with an alexa rating of 1million or even 3million???Do such links only serve to drag my site down, and their site up??? Do links to my site in other sites with an amazing alexa rating, but next to nothing comparable in terms of content, to my site, help my site in terms of SEO???

Cheers for any advice,
    Daniel

weedguru, Jan 14, 2013 IP
  2. denutza

denutza Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem with link exchange is it's very hard to really tell how much google likes the other site. It's quite common for high PR sites to receive very little love from google.

denutza, Jan 15, 2013 IP
  3. weedguru

weedguru Active Member

Best Answers:
    How important is the metadata??? And should I be making sure I have RSS feeds from my forums??? Will RSS feeds help bring in traffic???

weedguru, Jan 17, 2013 IP