1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Basic SEO Options for Startup Wordpress Website

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Dipendra Pokharel, Dec 19, 2014.

Hello guys, I have been in a break at blogs for three years now. Earlier I got ranked well for some of the sites, but now they are all gone and disappeared with new search engine updates.

So I have decided to start a new blog from scratch(dipincome.com) and experiment on this and share my results in the blog itself.

For now, Since I have started from scratch, I would like to get some ideas from you webmasters, specially one using wordpress. What are the basic settings, configurations and plugins needed for a startup wordpress blog, consider SEO as best thing to keep in the mind.

Dipendra Pokharel, Dec 19, 2014 IP
  2. Eliza Anderson

Eliza Anderson Member

Best Answers:
    First: Choose responsive wordpress theme according to your business services. (If you can afford paid wordpress theme would be best option because it provide many features).

Second: Download most useful plugins that will make the task much simple. I would recommend you.
    • Contact form 7
    • All in one seo pack
    • Social media widget
    • Captcha
    • Akismet
    Third: Design logo and write punch line that describes your blog and business in short way.

Forth: Do all on-page activities like meta tags, robots file, heading tags, alt tags etc.

Fifth: Target long tail keywords that will help you to generate organic traffic through Google.

Hope, my points would be helpful for your new wordpress blog. If I have skipped any valuable points, feel free to ask.

Eliza Anderson, Dec 19, 2014 IP
  3. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Eliza, good advices and tips, but I would also say that he should pay a lot more attention to the content than just SEO (as with a good and optimized article it shouldn't be a problem to rank good for small keywords!) :)

patco, Dec 22, 2014 IP
  4. Kristina Roy

Kristina Roy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dipendra, you should read Neil Patel's blog : quicksprout . com/blog/ regularly. He shares many blogging tips that are very effective in present contest. yoast wordpress seo plugin is all in one plugin for wordpress blog/site. You should use it.

Kristina Roy, Dec 23, 2014 IP