1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Basic domain name flipping question.

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Skylookspink, Aug 19, 2017.

Hello. I have few questions on domain name flipping.

1. Who owns all these available domains? Who issues these? Say I want to a domain, abc.com. And I can buy this domain name from Go daddy, name cheap, namejet, etc. So who actually owns all these domain?

2. I came to know there are some premuin domain, domains those are directly from dictionary or regularly and easy to use words. These are selling at 100K to 300K. Why company would buy with such a price? Say a company wants to buy a domain names Laptop.com. But it is taken. That company can buy Laptops.com (adding just one S) within 20 USD and need not to buy Laptop.com paying 100K.

So such high price of every dictionary word domain name does not seem clear to me.

Can you help please. Thanks.

Skylookspink, Aug 19, 2017 IP
  2. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Each extension has it own owner called registry, such as the registry for .com, .net is Verisign. Godaddy, namecheap, namejust is just domain registrars and they have the resell right to sell those extensions to end users.

About premium domains, there are many factors that make a domain becomes premium. When you have a premium domain then you’re owning a gold mine. You can use it to develop your own online business or just simply flip it with the higher price. Because of their price, worthy and quality, premium domains always have these benefits below:
    • Have the amount of traffic: Premium domains usually receive hundreds or even thousands of traffic daily. Especially for generic domains.
    • Easy to remember: Usually they’re very easy to remember due to it’s nice, dictionary or exact match keyword.
    • Easy to spell: It’s short, brandable or dictionary word so it’s very easy to spell and pronounce
    • Have better brand image: Premium domains convey an image of prestige and added credibility, that has a better chance to increase sales or leads
    • Better in SERPs: Many EMDs (exact match premium domains) have a better chance to get on top positions in search engine ranking with the keyword they contain.
    • Market trend & Investment potential: You can invest in a trending premium domain in a specific market and then resell it later with a higher price for a profit.
    You can read more detail here: What is a Premium Domain Name?

I hope this helps!

daica85, Aug 26, 2017 IP
  3. Skylookspink

Skylookspink Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks it was very easy yet informative reply. I was looking for justification for premium domains being so worthy. I got it. thanks.

And also can you please tell. ANy forum which is dedicated to domain investing?

Also, Why I see all Domain investing video released on youtube on year 2016 and 2017. This indicates what? A market saturation?

Thank you once again.

Skylookspink, Aug 31, 2017 IP
  4. alex06295

alex06295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    NamePros.com is very popular forum that is dedicated to domain name discussion, and it is also a market place for selling and buying domain names.

Also, Why I see all Domain investing video released on youtube on year 2016 and 2017. This indicates what? A market saturation? --- it is wrong...

Domain name tutorials are being made from beginning of the domain name existence.. in fact, domain names were massively sold before year 2016 and 2017

alex06295, Sep 1, 2017 IP
  5. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Beside Namepros, you can buy & sell domains on Flippa, Sedo, Godaddy Auction, Namecheap marketplace or Namejet...

daica85, Sep 4, 2017 IP
  6. Paul Mahony

Paul Mahony Member

Best Answers:
    Domain selling market didn't seem to move drastically in over 10 years. I believe it simply hit its 'popularity' spot, so all the random people are getting interested in owning the 'goldmine'.

Paul Mahony, Sep 5, 2017 IP