1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Basic Clickbank Questions

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by aab1, Jan 29, 2013.

I've always had trouble understanding how clickbank works so I never got into it but I really want to use it now and still have some basic questions.

They require a pitch page with a ClickBank Buy button, but do I need a dedicated page specifically for ClickBank sales? Or can I have just one sales page on my website with the ClickBank button so that anyone that comes to my site can buy it through CB? If so, how would sales without a referrer (someone that simply finds the sales page on Google and clicks the ClickBank Buy button without an affiliate being involved) be handled commission-wise?

Secondly, once I have the pitch page done, is it ClickBank's (and their affiliates) jobs to sell my product or do I need to promote the CB sales page myself?

Thanks

aab1, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  2. smonline

smonline Active Member

Best Answers:
    answer to first question:-

It is preferrable to have a dedicated domain name (home page) as a pitch page. Also u can have other related pages (disclaimer, faq, blog, articles etc.) as a link at the top or bottom of the home page.

I have also seen some webmasters use another page on their website, other than home page, as a pitch page. But very few vendors go this way, because branding the pitch page (product) is better done with home page. Here your domain url very clearly specifies what the product is about, and people go to this URL with a clear intention.

You just need to specify the URLs (whether it is homepage or another page) properly, as the hoplink and thank you page, when u upload a product to clickbank. Then whether u sell by yourself, or through your affiliates, it will be tracked accordingly by clickbank.

answer to second question:-

after uploading your product, your product will be shown in the clickbank marketplace. Then if someone choose to promote it, they will get their affiliate link from the "promote" button listed under each product. And if they make a sale this way, they get their commission, and you as a vendor also get a major percentage of that sale.

Also, you can promote that product by yourself. Here you don't need an affiliate link (since it is your product), you just promote the domain URL u created, and if any sale is made u get most of that percentage, because here is no affiliate involved. Clickbank handles this sale also, they just keep a short fee for each sale.

smonline, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  3. aab1

aab1 Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    So I can basically use ClickBank as if it was a PayPal "Buy" button and take unreferred sales that way while still being able to have CB affiliates promote my products?

Am I the only one having such a nightmare of a time trying to figure out how CB works? It's literally been years I've been wanting to try them and to this day don't fully understand the concept.

Thanks

aab1, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  4. smonline

smonline Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, like paypal, clickbank handles each sale by acting as a payment processor. And for this they charge a fee. But unlike paypal, clickbank also has their own marketplace.

Paypal may partner with other affiliate network, but they don't have their own marketplace to list products.

With clickbank, if an affiliate makes a sale, the amount is divided between 3 parties - affiliate, vendor, and clickbank. If a vendor makes a sale, the amount is divided between 2 parties - vendor and clickbank.

smonline, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  5. aab1

aab1 Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Thanks, so for now I can basically make my website handle 100% of sales through ClickBank and forget about PayPal?

I assume you can pay with clickbank with a credit card without having to sign up as a ClickBank member?

Is there anything wrong with setting up my website to accept sales through ClickBank alone for now?

Thanks

aab1, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  6. smonline

smonline Active Member

Best Answers:
    Paypal has affiliation with some affiliate networks (paydotcom, rapbank etc). If you want to have paypal with those networks, you have to learn how to integrate paypal and your product with those marketplaces.

But I think clickbank has slight advantage over other network, because most people are familiar with clickbank. So u can get affiliates easily. But if you are selling by yourself, then just join any network and start promoting your sales page. Or you can just integrate your website with paypal and start promoting.

But overall, whether you sell by yourself, or through affiliates, it is the selling ability of the marketer, and the quality of the product, and some other factors, these are the things that really matter. Another thing is how much traffic you are getting to your site, and it might take a few months before you get a decent traffic.

A vendor looks for more affiliates so that he/she can utilize these affiliate's website/traffic and make more sales.

If you are to buy a product from clickbank, you do not need sign up. If you are to upload your own product in clickbank as a vendor, you do need to sign up.

This is upto you. See the first reply in this post.

Also, note that clickbank has introduced a new refund and chargeback policy, check it here:-

http://www.clickbank.com/help/vendor-help/vendor-basics/selling-basics/refunds-and-chargebacks/

So if you are using clickbank, make sure your product is of good quality, so that it does not get lots of refunds.

smonline, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  7. Oana Vaduva

Oana Vaduva Member

Best Answers:
    Having a good product and an army of good affiliates is the key part of this business :) Good luck with it!

Oana Vaduva, Jul 17, 2013 IP