1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bashing companies & negative Reviews against the law?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Laceygirl, Feb 6, 2012.

1. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    You're just not listening!

What if I do this, that the other... it makes no difference. If you attract enough traffic to make the project work, you'll attract the attention of the corporations you have badmouthed, and they will sue you. As you won't ever be able to compete with them financially in court, you will lose even if you are technically in the right. They will bankrupt you with retained lawyers, and clever manipulation of 'the rules'. Microsoft commits MILLIONS of dollars to suits so trivial you'd laugh if it wasn't serious. They have these suits on retainer, might as well use em. And use them they will, to make an example of little old you.

Can't you understand that? What part of it is causing you difficulty? Are you laboring under some sort of delusion that the law is fair and equitable???

contentboss, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  2. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Another one of your fans, Boss?

I just agreed with you in that last post and you are still arguing. What do you want?

Laceygirl, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  3. peeplitics

peeplitics Peon

Best Answers:
    In all honesty, I agree with one of the first posters in this thread. You do not need to change the names of any companies. If your claims are factual, you can bad mouth anyone you want as much as you want.

The only time I would use caution is if you're competing with that company directly. If you're just going to make a blog or a site, I say go for it.

peeplitics, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  4. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    Oops - sorry Laceyperson, misread your post.

You're wise to drop it.

must engage eyeballs before typing.

contentboss, Feb 19, 2012 IP
  5. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    This is very dangerous advice. The times they are a changing kids - the days of the wild wild west online are drawing to a close.

contentboss, Feb 19, 2012 IP
  6. peeplitics

peeplitics Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, it's basic freedom of speech. If I buy something, I have a right to tell people how I feel about it. Just because I'm exclusively bashing items on the market doesn't mean my rights suddenly disappear. As long as my claims are my honest opinion, and are backed up with me actually using the products or services, then I wouldn't see anything wrong with doing this.

Of course, any conflicting interests should also be disclosed.

peeplitics, Feb 19, 2012 IP
  7. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I want to hear more debates on this. What peeplitics is saying is exactly what I thought, considering on TV they mock competitors. I figure its the same online.

I think its a sad day when a time comes where you cannot freely talk about a companies policy and complain about how utterly stupid it is. Come to think of it I just got back from a topic in dp where this guy said that adsense banning people for invalid clicks is unfair and they are a bunch of thieves. Should I warn him?:p

Laceygirl, Feb 19, 2012 IP
  8. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Well, do you see a TV presenter calling Best Buy, Tesco, WalMart, etc, a scam? Or do you hear about people's experiences and the fact they try to communicate with the company about it?

For a good example, review Watchdog: http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/

And also read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skillstrain (especially the last paragraph).

ryan_uk, Feb 20, 2012 IP
  9. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I do.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiCAJ8ULnaI
    There's a jiffylube scam caught on tape and published on news. There are millions out there.

Laceygirl, Feb 21, 2012 IP