1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Baseball Stats Online...

Discussion in 'Programming' started by NewComputer, Apr 13, 2005.

Hello all,

As I continue to 'expand my horizons', I am trying to figure out the best way to upload player stats for our ball team to our new website that I am designing. The problem I am having is that I can use excel to calculate the correct stats, but I have no way of making that as some form of database that I can update quickly. I don't want to pay for some third party junk because they don't let you modify the html and they charge and arm and a leg.

Would php allow for category sorting etc..?

I am looking for something like the following:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/stats/mlb_sortable_player_stats.jsp

Now, obviously not as many players but I would like to be able to sort the stats etc...

Any offer any suggestions or give me an idea on what that would cost for someone here to do it?

NewComputer, Apr 13, 2005 IP
  2. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    I suppose I have a similar thing but with cricket player stats.
    I export the stats as a .csv file (which gets uploaded with the same file name everytime). I then have a php script that converts the .csv file into an xml file. Then using php's xml & xslt functions you can sort the file etc as if it were a database.

jlawrence, Apr 13, 2005 IP
  3. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Where might I see that in action?

NewComputer, Apr 13, 2005 IP